PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hello after many years away.

Col7777
01-12-16, 02:02 PM
I recently returned to SH after many years away from it, I have every version including SH5 which I uninstalled.
I'm new to SH3 and 4 and on a learning curve, getting to know the keys and how the sim runs etc.
The last time I played was with SH2 which I had modded to the hilt lol.
I've seen one or two of the old names but obviously many new ones plus a new set of modders too.
I believe I can't download yet till I've made a post or two so any mods will have to wait, I do have the patched version though.
Any way good to be back and I am still picking up the tips you guys have posted. :up:

Sailor Steve
01-12-16, 02:08 PM
Hey, Colin! Good to see you around again. I still remember the thread where you had to correct somebody who called you "Colonel".

Now stand by for the welcomebot.

Col7777
01-12-16, 02:22 PM
Hi Steve, Ha Ha fancy you remembering that, I had almost forgot lol.
Yes great to see you again, I've still been active but on Flight Simulator which I still play.
I forgot the name of that other SH2 sim then I saw it as I was looking around the forum, it was Pacific Aces, so now we have an updated version with SH4.

I've sank a few ships in my return but got battered as I'm very rusty lol. :):down:

Sailor Steve
01-12-16, 02:28 PM
I forgot the name of that other SH2 sim then I saw it as I was looking around the forum, it was Pacific Aces, so now we have an updated version with SH4.
Well, kinda-sorta. PA was a mod for SH2. They were doing something similar for SH3 when SH4 was announced, so that mod got stopped. Likewise GWX4, which would have been a makeover for the newer sim, getting stopped when SH5 was announced.

THEBERBSTER
01-12-16, 03:37 PM
A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community >Col7777
Find Help & Useful Information In My SHIV & SHV Signature Thread Links.
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119)
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2165720&postcount=1)
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions + Campaign Fix In >FAQ’s & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question) (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2165721&postcount=2)
Silent Hunter III from 2005 bring your game play to 2015 with the (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285)
LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285)

u crank
01-12-16, 03:49 PM
Welcome back Col7777. :salute:

Aktungbby
01-12-16, 03:59 PM
Col7777!:salute:

Jimbuna
01-12-16, 04:45 PM
Hey, Colin! Good to see you around again. I still remember the thread where you had to correct somebody who called you "Colonel".

Now stand by for the welcomebot.

You win the cigar :yeah:

HW3
01-12-16, 08:42 PM
Welcome Back Aboard!

GT182
01-12-16, 08:54 PM
Welcome back Colin. Good to see you on SubSim again. :salute:

Steve, there is a possibility that it was me that called him Colonel.

Fahnenbohn
01-12-16, 09:00 PM

You win the cigar :yeah:

Steve, there is a possibility that it was me that called him Colonel.

:rotfl2:What is this story ?

GT182
01-12-16, 09:03 PM
I didn't know his name back then and thought Col stood for Colonel.

Col7777
01-13-16, 03:35 AM
Wow! Thanks you all for the warm welcome, much appreciated. :yeah:

I'm was an old hand back then but now I'm a newbie again lol. I'm still in training or should I say re-training.

I am playing both SH3 & 4 at the moment, I switch from one to the other depending on my mood, I'm doing single missions so far to get me up to speed, making mistakes but it's fun.
After doing a lot of flight simulator I forgot what the tension and excitement was like with SH, now I'm getting older I will have to watch my heart lol.

Fahnenbohn
01-13-16, 05:13 AM
Wow! Thanks you all for the warm welcome, much appreciated. :yeah:

I'm was an old hand back then but now I'm a newbie again lol. I'm still in training or should I say re-training.

I am playing both SH3 & 4 at the moment, I switch from one to the other depending on my mood, I'm doing single missions so far to get me up to speed, making mistakes but it's fun.
After doing a lot of flight simulator I forgot what the tension and excitement was like with SH, now I'm getting older I will have to watch my heart lol.

I like your humour. Why are you always writting a number at the end of your messages ?

Col7777
01-13-16, 06:43 AM
Ha Ha, it's code lol.

Seriously I've seen that before on another forum, I forget the reason it pops up.
By the way, I've started eating more fruit now I'm back at sea. :)

Commander Wallace
01-13-16, 08:22 AM
Welcome back aboard :sunny:

Jimbuna
01-13-16, 08:40 AM
Welcome back matey, always good to see another Brit around here :sunny:

MLF
01-17-16, 10:41 AM
Good to see you back Colin.

Regards,

MLF