PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Nutivity

Eichhörnchen
12-24-15, 04:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bmLi1OU.jpg

I listened to a radio programme all about school Nativity Plays yesterday; it made the tongue-in-cheek claim that the roles kids are given might prove to be "life defining".

I was in the School Nativity Play once only... as one of the stable walls. I had to be ready to hurry on at the prescribed moment with this huge flimsy sheet of cardboard hung round my neck, and line myself up with two other losers, to form the main fabric of the little rustic structure. Aaah!

Were you in the Nativity Play? If so, what part did you get, and did it mark you for life ?

Sailor Steve
12-24-15, 09:22 AM
I don't recall ever being in a nutty Nativity play or pageant. I tried some nutmeg once. Didn't like it. Does that count?

Aw, nuts!

Eichhörnchen
12-24-15, 09:26 AM
Top man!

Jimbuna
12-24-15, 09:35 AM
I can't remember that far back but I do remember my boy playing the part of Joseph and Marys donkey, he sang solo too.

Commander Wallace
12-24-15, 12:21 PM
I don't recall being in one except for playing a musical instrument for their play.

I guess I didn't play well with the others. :O:

Betonov
12-24-15, 12:26 PM
Our nativity scenes are miniatures with moss as the graslands (near Jerusalem??).
My biggest part in a nativity scene was collecting moss from our roof.

Eichhörnchen
12-24-15, 12:26 PM
I can't remember that far back but I do remember my boy playing the part of Joseph and Marys donkey, he sang solo too.

What did he sing... "My Four-Legged Friend"?

Buddahaid
12-24-15, 12:35 PM
http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/psychiatry-cute-animal-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

Aktungbby
12-24-15, 12:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bmLi1OU.jpg

I listened to a radio programme all about school Nativity Plays yesterday; it made the tongue-in-cheek claim that the roles kids are given might prove to be "life defining".

I was in the School Nativity Play once only... as one of the stable walls. I had to be ready to hurry on at the prescribed moment with this huge flimsy sheet of cardboard hung round my neck, and line myself up with two other losers, to form the main fabric of the little rustic structure. Aaah!

Were you in the Nativity Play? If so, what part did you get, and did it mark you for life ?
I was the baby Jesus...I've had a messiah complex ever since
:O: I like Caravaggio's Chiaroscuro take on the whole thing!:huh: the church did not!http://www.jesus-story.net/images/1609CaravaggioNatwithStsFrancisandLawrence.jpg

Eichhörnchen
12-24-15, 03:19 PM
This term refers to the dramatic contrasts between bright highlights and very deep shadows, as seen through the beer goggles after a heavy night.

Cybermat47
12-24-15, 03:31 PM
Apparently, as a baby, I was a last-minute Jesus who calmly stared at the audience.

Eichhörnchen
12-25-15, 03:32 AM
OK OK, anyone can play Baby Jesus... you just lie there in a diaper. We need more animals... anybody play a goat?

Jimbuna
12-25-15, 07:11 AM
What did he sing... "My Four-Legged Friend"?

I am just a tired little donkey
I have had a very busy day
I am feeling oh so happy
Because my day is over and I can say
I carried Mary
All the way from Nazareth to Bethlehem
etc.etc.

I'll never forget that song :sunny:

Catfish
12-25-15, 07:22 AM
No, but if I sure would have been the camel then :hmph:

Eichhörnchen
12-25-15, 07:25 AM
I'll never forget that song :sunny:

These are life's real and true treasures :up:

Eichhörnchen
12-25-15, 07:26 AM
No, but if I sure would have been the camel then :hmph:

You are a strange guy, Catfish :haha:... one hump or two? :O:

Oberon
12-25-15, 07:40 AM
My first nativity play I was a shepherd, complete with tea towel headgear, but I was promoted for my second when I was Joseph and my girlfriend of the time was Mary...and I dropped baby Jesus on his head... :oops:
My third and final nativity play had me as a Roman soldier, which was fun and games getting a robe for, I believe in the end I had part of a red curtain around my shoulders. Ave! :yeah:

Jimbuna
12-25-15, 09:21 AM
These are life's real and true treasures :up:

Still have the performance on VHS but no machine to play it on.

GT182
12-25-15, 10:30 AM
:hmmm: I had to sit behind the donkey dressed in brown.

Eichhörnchen
12-25-15, 10:38 AM
What, you were the donkey's behind? :haha:

Sailor Steve
12-25-15, 10:57 AM
OK OK, anyone can play Baby Jesus... you just lie there in a diaper.
LIAR!!!

I showed up to audition for the part wearing a diaper. They had me arrested. Of course this was just last year... :stare:

Eichhörnchen
12-25-15, 01:55 PM
:haha:^ It looks as though Oberon has the most to offer so far, although juggling with the Baby Jesus wasn't too clever :haha:

Schroeder
12-25-15, 02:13 PM
What, you were the donkey's behind? :haha:
Nope, he was what came out of the donkey's behind. ;)

clive bradbury
12-26-15, 05:52 AM
I played Jesus. I have had an over-inflated sense of my own importance ever since...

STEED
12-26-15, 06:51 AM
My memory can not recall that far back as I have problems recalling being in my early 20's anything before that is fog heavy fog.

Jimbuna
12-26-15, 07:34 AM
:hmmm: I had to sit behind the donkey dressed in brown.

Nope, he was what came out of the donkey's behind. ;)

LOL :)

Aktungbby
12-26-15, 11:21 AM
I was the baby Jesus...I've had a messiah complex ever since
:O:

I played Jesus. I have had an over-inflated sense of my own importance ever since... There's an echo in the stable!:haha:

fireftr18
12-27-15, 04:34 PM
OK OK, anyone can play Baby Jesus... you just lie there in a diaper. We need more animals... anybody play a goat?
I had the animal parts in Armistead's failed play over at the Ubisoft forum. I only did it because Snoopy let me wear his WWI flying ace helmet.

Reece
12-27-15, 06:00 PM
Well they could hardly give you the part as an Angel now could they!!:O:

I played Jesus. I have had an over-inflated sense of my own importance ever since...
Said ever so humbly!!:D

Eichhörnchen
12-27-15, 07:21 PM
Well they could hardly give you the part as an Angel now could they!!

http://i.imgur.com/2l7cbcg.jpg "And why not?"

Buddahaid
12-27-15, 08:55 PM
Your reputation precedes you.
http://www.sunheartmetalworks.com/images/thumbnails/devil-squirrel-garden-art-2-t.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vouSEQG_ZcE

em2nought
12-27-15, 10:21 PM
[IMG]
I was in the School Nativity Play once only... as one of the stable walls.

Too bad you didn't have an older brother to write "Hey teacher, leave those kids alone." on the back of your wall, and convince you to flip it around at some point. :D

Eichhörnchen
12-28-15, 02:44 AM
:haha: Great plan!