PDA

View Full Version : No responses in German language from the crew

szwajkiewicz
12-22-15, 08:01 AM
Hello to everyone! Thanks to information on this forum I started to use the GWX mods for my SH3. The sim has been transformed beyond my expectations!
Yet I encountered a problem. The crew does not respond to my commands in German language. Example: I order rudder hard to port, and all I get in response is : 'Jawohl Herr Kaleun.... ' but there is no confirmation 'Ruder Hard Bakbort'. The message shows up in English in the dialog box - that's all.
I ask the Nav Officer for depth under keel and again in response I only get: "Jawohl Herr Kaleun..." It should be followed by "Tiefe unter Kil ist XXX Meter"

All commads act this way with one noticeable exeption: speed settings. I get proper responses to my commands regarding speed - for example - i set 1/3 ahead and I can hear "Jawohl Herr Kaleun...ein dritte Fahrt voraus"

I can play the commands as *.ogg files in SH3 folder - the files are there and they do not seem to be corrupt.
When I set speech to English it all works fine.

I would appreciate any hint as to where I should look for the solution to this problem.

My software setup is as follows: SH3 1.4, GWX 3.0, Windows XP sp3 32-bit

ivanov.ruslan
12-22-15, 08:25 AM
Can you let them go to a player winamp or else you heard something ?

From Data/Speech/:
NaO_K_Depth_under_keel_is
NaO_S_Depth_under_keel_is

szwajkiewicz
12-22-15, 08:40 AM
I can play these files with Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic without any problems.

D:\SilentHunterIII\data\Sound\Speech - this is the folder where all German language files are. It contains 9 subfolders named '1' through '9' with sound files in them.

EDIT:

Ok, I've just found out that the speech folders contain ONLY files for speed command responses - nothing else.

So the question is: How to properly install the speech files with GWX?

ivanov.ruslan
12-22-15, 08:58 AM
http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=61d1acefdd

First left in the first folder that you want, then copy it eight times
Rename from one to nine

Make a copy of the original folder then delete it and put in its place the new

May with and jsgme !

http://prikachi.com/images/675/8531675p.jpg

And this

For the first few 'm not sure

Magic1111
12-22-15, 10:15 AM
Hello to everyone!

Welcome aboard!!! :salute:

Aktungbby
12-22-15, 10:30 AM
szwajkiewicz!:Kaleun_Salute:

szwajkiewicz
12-22-15, 10:49 AM
Thank you so much for your help! I followed your advice and now everything sounds perfect. This forum rocks!