PDA

View Full Version : Doubt about missions progressions

xXNightEagleXx
11-05-15, 05:39 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but technically it is possible to avoid end patrol to start a new mission, right? I mean once i finish a mission (e.g. Baltic Operations) i could patrol around until the next mission shows up and complete it without ending patrol?

If so, what if i just left the port with a "Eastern British Coastal Waters" assigned, because it was the only one available, but as soon as i started, "Breaking The Fortress" just became available without time to end patrol and accept it (change mission). So in this case can i just go ahead to complete "Breaking The Fortress" and lately proceed with "Eastern British Coastal Waters" ?

THEBERBSTER
11-05-15, 06:40 PM
Hi NE
Correct me if i'm wrong but technically it is possible to avoid end patrol to start a new mission, right? I mean once i finish a mission (e.g. Baltic Operations) i could patrol around until the next mission shows up and complete it without ending patrol?Your mission would be seen as pending and not finished.

If so, what if i just left the port with a "Eastern British Coastal Waters" assigned, because it was the only one available, but as soon as i started, "Breaking The Fortress" just became available without time to end patrol and accept it (change mission). So in this case can i just go ahead to complete "Breaking The Fortress" and lately proceed with "Eastern British Coastal Waters" ? That would be the normal procedure.

Personally I would not bother with BTF but concentrate on EBCW.
Knocking up a higher score here on EBCW with the extra time you will now have is more likely to get you a new boat upgrade sooner.
Having requested the EBCW mission you will already have received your patrol grid which when completed will give you a crew bonus point.
You will then receive by radio another patrol grid to patrol.

Peter

xXNightEagleXx
11-05-15, 08:59 PM
Your mission would be seen as pending and not finished.

Ok but regardless i "finish" a mission that i've accepted or just went to the zone (without any choice when in the port) and sunk some ships it always shows pending when i click exit to menu. Is this normal or am i suffering of any kind of bug? Is there a way to check your mission status/history without having to exit the mission?

Thanks for your time. Sorry if i'm insisting on this topic a little bit, it is just because i came from SH4 and the campaign system is totally different. In SH4 you really feel that you finished a patrol and left no mission behind or uncompleted. I just don't want to go through a whole campaign to find that something messed up and i have to redo it XD

NightEagle

Trevally.
11-06-15, 08:34 AM
The only thing that happen when you click on a mission in the brief screen in dock is that a script is fired. This script will control the sub-missions only (mission within mission - patrol here etc).

So if you are at sea and a new mission appears on your map - you can go and complete that mission without any issues.

With "breaking the fortress" (OHII only) the sub mission is the same as the main mission. The only advantage to firing the script for this one is that you will receive radio messages (Bull of ScapaFlow etc).

There is one main mission that does require you to select when in dock and that is TotWP (OHII only). It requires the script fired to ensure that the correct wolfpacks are formed and the interaction between you and BtU

:salute:

xXNightEagleXx
11-06-15, 09:35 AM
Thanks to both.

The only question left behind about the whole campaign/mission system of SH5 is : How am i supposed to understand that i have completed a mission which i didn't accepted from the port?

THEBERBSTER
11-06-15, 10:49 AM
Hi NE

How am i supposed to understand that i have completed a mission which i didn't accepted from the port? 11-06-2015 01:34 PM
If you are referring to Breaking The Fortress and you do not do or complete this mission then it will never be completed and stay as pending.

Because SH5 has been broken for nearly 2 years the tonnage bar and moving from Campaign to Campaign has been a problem.

Removing the tonnage bar from the mega mods sorted that problem but not for anyone playing the stock game or not using the tonnage bar mod.

With the game broken the Campaign missions continued to start and finish by their dates as they should do but never showed as being finished only as pending.

MaMa has found the solution to the whole of this problem when using his fix you will see any missions that you have completed change from pending to finished apart from the one you are still or any you have not done will still continue to show as pending.

The Campaign problem moving from one Campaign to the next for example Total Germany to Happy Times has also been fixed.

Follow the tutorial instructions and you can start to enjoy SH5 as it should be.
Post #188 Campaign Fix And Working Tonnage Bar By MaMa > Pictorial Instructions How To Make It Work (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2284492&postcount=188)

Do not be apprehensive about asking any questions even if you may feel it is a stupid one.
Having knowledge is the only way you can move forward.

Peter

xXNightEagleXx
11-06-15, 11:56 AM
Hi NE

If you are referring to Breaking The Fortress and you do not do or complete this mission then it will never be completed and stay as pending.

Because SH5 has been broken for nearly 2 years the tonnage bar and moving from Campaign to Campaign has been a problem.

Removing the tonnage bar from the mega mods sorted that problem but not for anyone playing the stock game or not using the tonnage bar mod.

With the game broken the Campaign missions continued to start and finish by their dates as they should do but never showed as being finished only as pending.

MaMa has found the solution to the whole of this problem when using his fix you will see any missions that you have completed change from pending to finished apart from the one you are still or any you have not done will still continue to show as pending.

The Campaign problem moving from one Campaign to the next for example Total Germany to Happy Times has also been fixed.

Follow the tutorial instructions and you can start to enjoy SH5 as it should be.
Post #188 Campaign Fix And Working Tonnage Bar By MaMa > Pictorial Instructions How To Make It Work (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2284492&postcount=188)

Do not be apprehensive about asking any questions even if you may feel it is a stupid one.
Having knowledge is the only way you can move forward.

Peter

Thanks a lot ( i appreciate when things are explained and not only instructed XD).

That said i just tried to executed MAMA method but i don't see the process osi.exe running in the task manager. Btw, i have windows 10.

xXNightEagleXx
11-06-15, 12:23 PM
By launching osi.exe i saw that it was opening a command prompt window and closing it. So I opened one by myself and run the osi.exe to see if was returning any error message and so it was

2015-11-06 15:21:25 [2540] [INFO ] : Auto dumper init

2015-11-06 15:21:25 [2540] [FATAL ] : You must pass -seqnum to the osi

UPDATE: i guess this isn't important, however the laucher_log shows

[ 2804] 2015-11-06 15:47:52 [ 4648] ERROR Process.cpp (118) Failed to start exe C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/data/3/osis/13/osi.exe workdir C:/Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Ubisoft Game Launcher/data/3/osis/13/ error=740
[ 2804] 2015-11-06 15:47:52 [ 4648] ERROR OrbitGameConnectionHandler.cpp (462) Failed to start osi.exe
[ 2804] 2015-11-06 15:47:52 [ 2760] INFO OrbitGameConnectionHandler.cpp (538) Get OSI failed due to connection failed. Retrying in 25 seconds.

UPDATE 2 : There is no way to make it work, i'm starting to think that i have to open a port, but which one?

UPDATE 3: Solved! Although i had no error message i couldn't make it work until i launched the launcher using administrative rights XD