PDA

View Full Version : The Gramophone Folder, a possible size limitation?

ValoWay
10-23-15, 01:04 AM
Hey,

just had the best time with LSH15 where I found a train with 2 times 18k tonners but shortly before my second attack the game suddenly crashes :huh:

So last weekend I downloaded a whole lot of star trek theme songs from youtube which I converted then into .ogg files. Turns out that the size of the folder is currently 1,24 GBs or 291 songs.

Do you guys think that it might be possible that such a large number or tracks or size of the gramophone folder could possibly crash the game or would you say that this is out of the question?

I have reason to believe that the addition of the new large music folder is the cause of the crash since I never had any crashes before but who knows :hmmm:

THEBERBSTER
10-23-15, 04:45 AM
Hi VW

Just make a new folder away from SH3
Cut and paste your new music to the new folder and test for crashes and you will have your answer.

If it does not crash then cut and paste some back a bit at a time and test again.

Peter

danasan
10-23-15, 06:00 AM
Hi,

maybe one or more files got corrupted while being converted into .ogg files. If those are played, that could trigger the crashes.

T.Von Hogan
10-23-15, 08:50 AM
I have had that file as big as 4 gb on past computers with no ill effect on gameplay.

Pisces
10-23-15, 12:39 PM
Make sure they are all .mp3 or all .ogg files. Mixing them into the same folder makes the player choke on them. Not sure if that is enough to make the game crash, but it is known to get disturbed while playing.