PDA

View Full Version : Mods not working despite JSGME "Activating" them

LoudHunter
09-27-15, 01:34 PM
Hello all ye investigators of my idiocy.
Recently I tried modding SH5 to standards of playability, specifically with the following mods- MFCM, Tornmatte skin for VIIC, Equipment Upgrades fix, FX update, and IRAI. I downloaded JSGME into the local SH5 folder and activated the mods in proper order as suggested by the basic modding page in the SH5 mod workshop. However, having activated the mods, nothing happens. I boot up the game, it works fine, but it's still plain, disappointing vanilla SH5. I've deactivated and reactivated the mods multiple times, and even reinstalled JSGME. I am running the Ubisoft version (So the program drags me through Uplay before I can play). Is there anything obviously wrong with my procedure here?
Thank you for your time.

Mikemike47
09-27-15, 01:54 PM
Hello all ye investigators of my idiocy.
Recently I tried modding SH5 to standards of playability, specifically with the following mods- MFCM, Tornmatte skin for VIIC, Equipment Upgrades fix, FX update, and IRAI. I downloaded JSGME into the local SH5 folder and activated the mods in proper order as suggested by the basic modding page in the SH5 mod workshop. However, having activated the mods, nothing happens. I boot up the game, it works fine, but it's still plain, disappointing vanilla SH5. I've deactivated and reactivated the mods multiple times, and even reinstalled JSGME. I am running the Ubisoft version (So the program drags me through Uplay before I can play). Is there anything obviously wrong with my procedure here?
Thank you for your time.

Show us a picture of your activated mods. Did you read the JSGME documentation of how it works?

LoudHunter
09-27-15, 03:06 PM
Show us a picture of your activated mods. Did you read the JSGME documentation of how it works?
Hey, thanks for replying. I just retried instaling JSGME, turns out I was looking at the wrong folder- I have one labeled "SH5" under "Documents" with an identical file structure, and one under the "Ubisoft" file labeled "Silent Hunter 5". Turns out, I was supposed to put JSGME in the latter, as opposed to the former. Now, it looks like everything is working out alright. Thank you for replying!