PDA

View Full Version : Historical missions missing in menu?

Marco1971
09-01-15, 04:24 PM
Excuse me for bothering you guys, but maybe you can help me out.

In the main menu of the game (in the bunker) the menu item 'Historical missions' has suddenly gone after I installed the mods from Sober's latest mod list.
Before applying them with JSMGE I patched the 9 files using TDW Generic patcher, and changed an option with the OFEV.
The game starts normal, I can also start a new campaign, but i want to practise with single missions and tutorials...
What can have happened that the Historical missions menu entry has gone?
All the missions are still in the data/SingleMissions folder..

Appreciating any answer beforehand :)
Marco

Edit: after some research here I found out that mod 'sobers mega mod dead is dead_No Tonnage V12' is likely to cause this problem, so i'll disable it. Question remains however why Historical missions are removed from the main menu by this mod. On purpose? Or is it just a bug? Anyway, glad I found a solution.

MrMessick
09-02-15, 08:06 AM
Excuse me for bothering you guys, but maybe you can help me out.

In the main menu of the game (in the bunker) the menu item 'Historical missions' has suddenly gone after I installed the mods from Sober's latest mod list.
Before applying them with JSMGE I patched the 9 files using TDW Generic patcher, and changed an option with the OFEV.
The game starts normal, I can also start a new campaign, but i want to practise with single missions and tutorials...
What can have happened that the Historical missions menu entry has gone?
All the missions are still in the data/SingleMissions folder..

Appreciating any answer beforehand :)
Marco

Edit: after some research here I found out that mod 'sobers mega mod dead is dead_No Tonnage V12' is likely to cause this problem, so i'll disable it. Question remains however why Historical missions are removed from the main menu by this mod. On purpose? Or is it just a bug? Anyway, glad I found a solution.

I noticed the history missions gone too after playing around with Sober's mega mod install. I did not investigate why though because i never play the historical missions anyways. If it is the dead is dead mod, it should be easy to fix as in the menu file the selections for historical missions are most likely deleted and simply needs to be added again.

Marco1971
09-02-15, 05:24 PM
This was an easy fix Messick, thnks for replying.
However, to make a good start i reinstalled the game, patched, followed the instructions found on the forum, played the turorial, installed the mods and since then the game crashes to desktop everyime DURING loading a historical mission or campaign. Unloaded all mods again, but no difference.
Is has been running fine, but suddenly this.
Mm.... makes me a bit sad :(

MrMessick
09-02-15, 07:33 PM
This was an easy fix Messick, thnks for replying.
However, to make a good start i reinstalled the game, patched, followed the instructions found on the forum, played the turorial, installed the mods and since then the game crashes to desktop everyime DURING loading a historical mission or campaign. Unloaded all mods again, but no difference.
Is has been running fine, but suddenly this.
Mm.... makes me a bit sad :(

you most likely have a mod order issue/conflict or forgot a step like making sure you are running sh5 v1.2 and ran the generic patcher plus restoring snapshot etc. It is very easy to cause CTD while modding, place a mod in the wrong order or use one that overwrites a essential file of another mod and it could take hours or longer to figure out.

Basically you will need uninstall all your mods again, make sure game will load fine at the point then install one at a time until you find the culprit. can be a pain, but it's the price we pay.

Marco1971
09-03-15, 06:28 AM
Thanks again, MrMessick.

After some editing here and there I managed to play 2 tutorial missions without CTD's. Encouraging.
My mod list follow Sober's one exactly, just to avoid compatiblity problems. Also i took care of the installation process carefully as I know how delicate the whole the whole mix of files is. Nevertheless I encountered a CTD during the first mission which loaded completely finally, when I clicked Opening tube. I read about such a problem somewhere on the forum and enabled a mod which makes changes to sound files. Also i disabled a key commands mod (which swaps some keys as I'm lefthanded). Well, as said... 2 missions have been played now without crash, gladly.
This game has so much potential, it would be such a pity to put it aside due to stability issues.
Sail on!
Marco