PDA

View Full Version : Running SH5 on my laptop

uhntissbaby111
09-01-15, 10:19 AM
Ive been reading Dead Wake and it has made me want to get back into the SH series, last one I played was SHII many years ago. However, I'm going to be out of the county for a year for work and won't have my gaming PC. I'm only going to have my laptop. And I'm just wondering if it will run with these specs. Intel i5 5200u processor with the Intel 5500 integrated graphics, 8gb ram and windows 10. I'm sure the processor is fine, only thing I'm concerned about is that I only have an integrated graphics card to work with:/. Thanks for any help!

Aktungbby
09-01-15, 10:25 AM
uhntissbaby111! After six years!:Kaleun_Salute::Kaleun_Applaud:

uhntissbaby111
09-01-15, 10:36 AM
Haha thank you!!! Its good to be back! My main hobby is flight simulation, but I did really enjoy myself playing SH and really want to get back into it. And I figured now that I have a decent amount of free time on my hands until I leave, it would be a good time to get back in. Only problem is this laptop situation :wah:

ReallyDedPoet
09-01-15, 10:57 AM
Try it out and see what happens. Your other specs look ok :yep:

A Review Here of HD 550 (http://laptoping.com/gpus/product/intel-hd-5500-graphics-reviews-and-specs/)

uhntissbaby111
09-01-15, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the reply. I think I will give it a go, as the review you linked had COD and BF4 running on it. One more question, do you recommend SH5 or SH3? I know 3 is fairly old now, but I remember it getting fantastic reviews

ReallyDedPoet
09-01-15, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the reply. I think I will give it a go, as the review you linked had COD and BF4 running on it. One more question, do you recommend SH5 or SH3? I know 3 is fairly old now, but I remember it getting fantastic reviews

SH3 though 10 years old is just so well refined now with all of the various mods available. It is like night and day compared to when it was stock. I would definitely check it out along with playing SH5.

uhntissbaby111
09-01-15, 08:57 PM
I got SH 5 up and running! Hit a few snags with the ubisoft gsme starter and getting done with the tutorial mission/getting my first orders. Nothing a quick google search couldn't solve. I look forward to getting a hang of things and then diving into some mods!!

Harmsway!
09-02-15, 08:19 AM
Well there you go. Glad to hear it. Welcome back.