PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft and Uplay - OMG

robmypro
08-20-15, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, I made a serious mistake getting SH5. I have the DVD version and I cannot install or activate it. I tried recovering my Uplay account password, which did nothing. Then I created a new account so I could contact support to find out why the game will not load after install. Heard nothing back, and my credentials do not work now on that account.

This is easily the worst experience I have had with a game company.

I thought about buying the steam version, but I understand getting mods to work can be problematic. And at this point, I do not want to give ubi any more money.

I have SH3 with the GWX mod. Is there any reason for me to keep trying to get SH5 working? I am pretty much over this after 4 days.

robmypro
08-20-15, 10:47 PM
I gave up and bought the $3 version. It works. Ubi blows.

robmypro
08-20-15, 11:01 PM
I am definitely never buying another game from them. Adding them to my ban list...

EA
Codemasters
Ubi

THEBERBSTER
08-21-15, 05:29 AM
Hi Rob

Just a few points that may be of interest.

Any SH5 installation locks it for life to Uplay

Dvd version you need.
CD key
New email address
New password.

If you change to a different type of SH5 you will need a new email address and password for Uplay to accept a new version.

When the installation is finished you must update your game to the latest version.
Post #5 Just Finished Installing SH5 > Do This Now (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2182963&postcount=5)

Run your applications as administrator.

If you have a windows error showing at any time in the future when you try to launch your game then try the fix below.
Post #173 Ubisoft Game Launcher How To Fix It (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2271056&postcount=173)

The dvd custom installation will allow you to use the German crew language and install on any drive is there is more than 1.

SH5 with the dvd can be uninstalled and re-installed very easily using the same Uplay logins etc.

Always use a registry cleaner before a re-install.
Post #70 How To Use The Free Registry Cleaner Ccleaner (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2202382&postcount=70)

I cannot think of any reason why there should be any installation problems as long as you know what to look out for.

Peter

Harmsway!
08-21-15, 07:00 AM
I have been able to use the same DVD of SH5 I purchased years ago on several computers successfully. As long as you have SH5 registered with Uplay you can use it on other machines.

The key is that the UbisoftGameLauncher that installs with the game is not enough. You must go online to your Uplay account and download the UbisoftGameLauncher App and install it all over again. It will give you direct access to the log onto UPlay through their dialog box.

Once you have the dialog box you can click the gear box to change settings. Go to Network settings and check the box to 'Always start Uplay in offline mode'.

The problem in this case is robmypro is not able to access his account. I had forgotten my password too but all I did was enter my registered email address and they sent a new one automatically.

I believe any new account would be lock out from a previous accounts registered product not the computer.

Do what you can to recover your original account that had the DVD register to it. You must know the email you used at the time.

robmypro
08-21-15, 09:54 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I appreciate it!

Peter, I did the installation per your instructions. Everything looks good. Thank you!

The problem with my account is I entered the password 2 times, and got "account locked". I searched for 30 minutes on Ubisoft's site for a contact email, but you need to create an account to open a ticket. So I created a new account, opened a ticket, and never heard back from anyone.

The entire process was ridiculous.

THEBERBSTER
08-21-15, 11:28 AM
Hi rob

i think we have all been there with this Uplay problem at some stage.

That is why I suggested it is easier to start a new Uplay account with the new dvd, new email address and new password and forget about the Uplay original account one.

Just make sure you put the new details in the dvd case.

Even if Uplay had come back to you and given you the details you wanted you would not have been able to install the new dvd as your Uplay account would only have recognized the original installation.

As I said, each Uplay account is individually locked to the CD key.

Peter