PDA

View Full Version : Wolves of Steel graphics/resolution patch question.

fastfed
08-02-15, 10:28 PM
Just installed this mega mod, very nice from what I can see real quick.

Without doing the resolution mod, just the wolves of steel and the patch only, I running it 1440P @60fps.. I went into the CFG and changed the FPS to 100, does this game even support that FPS? I'm getting about 80-100fps and it does look smoother, just don't know if the game even supports that refresh rate?
and what does the resolution patch even do? do I need it?
Thanks

edit** so what is the deal with the lag spikes?? every 10-15 seconds massive frame drop, from 100 down to 30 back to 100.. Its horrible, making the game hard to play.

any ideas ?? thanks

THE_MASK
08-03-15, 01:28 AM
Just installed this mega mod, very nice from what I can see real quick.

Without doing the resolution mod, just the wolves of steel and the patch only, I running it 1440P @60fps.. I went into the CFG and changed the FPS to 100, does this game even support that FPS? I'm getting about 80-100fps and it does look smoother, just don't know if the game even supports that refresh rate?
and what does the resolution patch even do? do I need it?
Thanks

edit** so what is the deal with the lag spikes?? every 10-15 seconds massive frame drop, from 100 down to 30 back to 100.. Its horrible, making the game hard to play.

any ideas ?? thanksTry antilag . Put both files in the SH5 main game folder and set fps to 32 fps .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2871

fastfed
08-03-15, 10:19 AM
32 FPS?? Wow, and here I was worried 60fps was too low.
I guess its not a FPS game, but 32 FPS sounds so low.

can I do 40 FPS?

vdr1981
08-03-15, 10:21 AM
Why do you forcing 100 FPS if your monitor can only show 60 FPS?:doh:

fastfed
08-03-15, 01:02 PM
Why do you forcing 100 FPS if your monitor can only show 60 FPS?:doh:

my monitor goes much higher than 60fps

fitzcarraldo
08-03-15, 01:43 PM
I fixed FPS to 29 in Nvidia Inspector. Why more than 25-30 FPS? Your eyes donīt detect more than 20-25...

BTW, if I leave free the FPS, I obtain 60 FPS. Not a problem of hardware.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

fastfed
08-03-15, 02:23 PM
I fixed FPS to 29 in Nvidia Inspector. Why more than 25-30 FPS? Your eyes donīt detect more than 20-25...

BTW, if I leave free the FPS, I obtain 60 FPS. Not a problem of hardware.

Best regards.

LOL wat?? your eyes don't detect more than 20-25 FPS ?

here

http://www.testufo.com/#test=framerates

compare your 60fps to 30fps, let me know if you don't see a difference.

I see a huge difference and most gamers out there see it too, its why we go through extensive upgrades spending thousands to obtain just a few more FPS.

I went from 60-75 fps to 150-200 fps on BF4 and can see a huge difference, my monitor can refresh up to 140 fps if I wanted, even going from 60-90fps is a huuuge difference. for me.. you could argue that.

but to argue you can't see more than 20-25 fps? thats crazy talk lol.

vdr1981
08-03-15, 02:50 PM
Back to topic...Is your FPS stable in some low hardware demanding historical missions? If not, then maybe you haven't installed game/modpack properly.
Again , I cant be 100% sure about this because I very rarely have more then 30 frames with my PC...:D

fastfed
08-03-15, 02:56 PM
Back to topic...Is your FPS stable in some low hardware demanding historical missions? If not, then maybe you haven't installed game/modpack properly.
Again , I cant be 100% sure about this because I very rarely have more then 30 frames with my PC...:D

Well, I'm just having terrible frame drops, 90+ down to 30's for a second then back up, obviously when it goes down to 30's its a horrible lag spike.

I never had this problem before with SH5, this is the first time using this mod though, the only thing I have installed is the wolves of steel mod, then the wolves of steel mod patch , no real naviagation and I did not add the resolution patch. do I need to add the 16:9 patch?

I just did a fresh install, 1.2 patch, installed mod.
played the campaign

fitzcarraldo
08-03-15, 05:58 PM
My TWoS works great at 29 FPS. Probably I'm a martian. I see 29 FPS as a great frame rate.

Regards.

fastfed
08-03-15, 07:16 PM
Try antilag . Put both files in the SH5 main game folder and set fps to 32 fps .
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=2871

Thanks for you help, but no joy.. I'm still getting horrible horrible micro stutters.. now FPS locked at 32, but drops to 15-20fps with every 5 or 6 movements.. its horrible.

something has to be causing it within the mod ??
Should I put the resolution patch on it? what does that even do or whats it for?

is it because of my resolution of 2560*1440 ? I dont get it

fastfed
08-09-15, 01:23 PM
really?? no on can help? or does no one ever have this issue?

still, game is very unplayable ..

is it the resolution?

goodpoints
08-12-15, 01:39 PM
Thanks for you help, but no joy.. I'm still getting horrible horrible micro stutters.. now FPS locked at 32, but drops to 15-20fps with every 5 or 6 movements.. its horrible.

something has to be causing it within the mod ??
Should I put the resolution patch on it? what does that even do or whats it for?

is it because of my resolution of 2560*1440 ? I dont get it

have you enabled the FPS counter (ctrl +F8) to see if the stutters are triggered by anything in particular.

I have a pretty similar issue, normal FPS on max settings bounces between around 30-60 but when I'm on the surface during high waves I get stutters like you mention. basically every time the bow completes a downward heave I drop to 13-16FPS momentarily, very noticable as it makes the waves look like jiggling jello. (not as jello-esque as SH4 but still)

Also if there's enough flooding/damage in Central to where you get a heavy fog/mist effect in the air, my FPS grinds to a crawl and I can barely even pause the game and maneuver the menu. (mouse cursor lags)

My system should be more than capable to handle that so I'm interested to see if your issues are similar. (though I run at 1920x1080) I'll take a look at antilag though once I finish this patrol.

edit: also, I believe the TWOS resolution patches are just to increase the resolution of the in-game optics (peri, RAOBF, etc.) for increase precision and visual quality