PDA

View Full Version : On vacation, little time to talk, please help

Gunnarr
07-23-15, 09:34 PM
I onfamily vacation, but nothing to do. Couldn't get silent hunter 3 installed properly on laptop. So now I have my silent hunter 4 CD with.

I need links/ names for all patches and the most necessary mods by tonorrow! Thank you

torpedobait
07-24-15, 10:22 AM
If you can get to Subsim (which you obviously can, since you did), look in the SH4 Downloads section. There is a link at the top of each page that will get you there. Good luck! :salute:

Gunnarr
07-24-15, 10:58 AM
yes I can get in, but not very often, they have limited time with internet, limited time to figure out what to download

the forum there is very confusing to me, there are so many different ones, i just want one of the large ones, and to know what to patch, im looking while i can though

i had to post this thread on a phone though, it was very difficult!

Webster
07-24-15, 11:05 AM
if you have version 1.5 of the game (which you need for 90% of the mods) then download my GFO mod, it gives you the stock game with "most" of the fixable bugs fixed plus lots of extra game content.

if you are good at the game and want a challenge to make the game hard, then try TMO

if all you have is v1.4 of the game then get the older TMO mod designed for v1.4 game

Gunnarr
07-24-15, 11:43 AM
if you have version 1.5 of the game (which you need for 90% of the mods) then download my GFO mod, it gives you the stock game with "most" of the fixable bugs fixed plus lots of extra game content.

if you are good at the game and want a challenge to make the game hard, then try TMO

if all you have is v1.4 of the game then get the older TMO mod designed for v1.4 game

i only have an old CD from when it was first released, is there any way to patch it to 1.5?

Webster
07-24-15, 05:48 PM
you would need to buy and download it

its only $10, get it here: http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-Wolves-Pacific-Download/dp/B004I43FAG

save the download then when you get home burn it onto a disk for safe keeping.

this will fully update the game completely ,no mater what version you have, so no need to install any previous updates before it

Rockin Robbins
07-24-15, 07:46 PM
And I'll be glad to tell you that GFO is as good as any supermod out there. It's a blast to play and the destroyers don't have Superman on board with his x-ray vision.

TMO is difficult, but not realistic. GFO preserves the developers' original intent. I've spent a lot of time with TMO and it's time I did some GFO.

Rockin Robbins
07-25-15, 06:57 AM
A little trick with the downloadable version of 1.5 that will save you a lot of grief. Every time you re-download it you'll have to contact them for a new authorization code. It's not a fun procedure.

But if you install SH4, then the 1.5 update you'll have a fully stock and complete game. Copy all directories into a new directory and instead of Wolves of the Pacific, call it SH4 Pristeen or something like that. I usually install JSGME and MultiSH4 into the Pristeen version. Then write protect the entire SH4 Pristeen directory.

Now when you get mod soup or need to reinstall for any reason, don't do that. Just delete all the files from your Wolves of the Pacific directory, copy everything from SH4 Pristeen, THEN WRITE ENABLE Wolves of the Pacific. Poof! You have a clean slate once again.

It's all done before you could write and send an e-mail begging for their kind indulgence to issue you a new authorization number.

merc4ulfate
07-25-15, 02:09 PM
If GFO is easier to play than TMO I would be bored to tears with it then.

Sometimes I find TMO way to easy. It must be the testosterone.