PDA

View Full Version : Task Force Sighted Annoyance

Ifernat
07-23-15, 05:23 PM
Okay, finally got to the point where I can tolerate the idiosyncrasies of SH5/w WOS but after encountering my first large convoy ran into a bit of an annoyance. A little odd to find a 25 ship convoy near the Shetlands in February compromised almost entirely of Liberty Ships (at least the hull model) but that's neither here nor there.

More importantly, as I began engaging in a night time running surface shoot and scoot I ran into something that was making me want to tear my hair out. "Task Force Sighted" every 1-2 minutes as a ship on the far side of the convoy was lost and reacquired by the lookouts. Which dropped me back to 1x TC. It doesn't seem like a such a big deal until I tried to play out the next several hours worth of attacks. The constant notifications made it frustrating as hell as I couldn't run even a low level of TC for more than a few seconds before I got dropped back to 1x TC.

Tried adjusting the options but couldn't find any setting that would prevent this. What would I need to adjust so that the message box notifications don't drop me all the way of TC?

maillemaker
07-23-15, 06:49 PM
I'm running WoS and I do not have that problem.

Perhaps try turning on Travel Mode?

But I don't think I have to do that.

fitzcarraldo
07-23-15, 08:00 PM
Yes. Turning on travel mode you can bypass that problem. So works in my WoS.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: