PDA

View Full Version : XO

Bodin
07-18-15, 05:31 PM
Hey sirs :salute:

Just for ships and giggles, I'm changing the names of my crew officers to people from my Steam friend list. One guy wants to be XO. Where should I put him? In SH4 could that be one of the 'diving officers?' with the highest rank?

Thanks, and I tried a search before posting, to no avail. Keep fighting the good fight

aanker
07-19-15, 11:43 AM

Just for ships and giggles, I'm changing the names of my crew officers to people from my Steam friend list. One guy wants to be XO. Where should I put him? In SH4 could that be one of the 'diving officers?' with the highest rank?

Thanks, and I tried a search before posting, to no avail. Keep fighting the good fight
Too bad he can't have a station in the CT to oversee the invisible crew that is up there, especially during battle stations. I think TMO adds them.

The diving officer supervises the current depth ordered and 'the dive' to be sure the depth is exactly the depth ordered, by ordering the planesmen to adjust their 'wheels' : ) ... So, your buddy the XO should be in a position to order the diving officer if need be (who will order the planesmen).

Wherever you put him, nice idea to use your Steam friends as crew members.

Happy Hunting!

merc4ulfate
07-19-15, 02:28 PM
Put him where all XO's should be ... OVERBOARD.

TorpX
07-19-15, 10:03 PM

In RFB, the leader slots of the deck watch, and the last slots in the 'sensors' (conning tower) are the officer slots. The deck watch shift 'I' man seems to the XO-designate. There may be another officer slot on some of the boats in the control room as navigator (I'm not sure). I consider the conning tower to be the most logical place for your XO. That is where the tracking party makes the critical decisions (on most of the boats, at least). On those where the TDC was located in the control room, it isn't clear to me where he would be.

The difference between the 'Leader slots' and the 'Officer slots' is that the leaders give bonuses to the compartment, while the officers give bonuses to the entire boat.