PDA

View Full Version : Breaking the fortress - Wolves of steel 1.03

mirage3000
06-28-15, 10:49 AM
Hi!

I've searched the forum with this issue and even though I found that people had some missunderstanding arround finishing this mission, I never figured it out from their posts if everything is all right with whats happening to me.

I've started the campaing and finished Danzing Bay the first day - I've sunk a destroyer, minesweeper and a mearchant and since I've fulfilled primary and secondary objectives I've decided to go to Britain coastal waters for more exiting missions. I've chosen Breaking the fortress and as soon I started the mission I saw on nav map arround Scapa flow that I only have X mark with blank sheet of paper when I click on it. It doesn't say that I have primary nor secondary objectives. When I exit the game, in the overview it said that I already somehow finished the mission... I'm not sure what will happen when I arrive at Scapa flow since now I'm currently half way on the route there but for now it just seems like I don't have mission objectives. I'm using Wolves of steel 1.03 mega mod.

Can someone explain if I did something wrong?

P.S. Wolves of steel is correctly installed, I'm sure of it and when I started the campaign I saved it in the bunker and reload it from the main menu - I'm just not sure if I have to repeat this for each single mission?

Thanks!

vdr1981
06-28-15, 11:06 AM
Hi!

Can someone explain if I did something wrong?

Thanks!

Everithing is ok, just go there and try to sink something big...:yep:

mirage3000
06-28-15, 11:21 AM
Everithing is ok, just go there and try to sink something big...:yep:

Jawohl! :Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
06-28-15, 01:39 PM
This crazy PT boat decided to catch on fire in Scapa for no reason and whizzed around for about 10 hours before it sank.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2wobu5f.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/351fpj9.jpg

mirage3000
06-29-15, 08:47 AM
Can different save/load situation cause weird behaviour of the OPFOR ships? I had situation with 4 destroyers circling around me, pinging me, etc. and just out of frustration I blowed all ballast and emerged in the circle made out of these destroyers and 2 PT boats and they didn't take a shot at me. They didn't even aim at me. The only thing is that I did save and load couple of times during their approach and most probably while they were above me. Even when I started shooting at them with torpedoes and deck gun, nothing happened. I've sunk them all. I must say that everything before and after that felt OK, with standard aggressive behaviour of the OPFOR.

This happened during the beginning of eastern coastline campaign (right after breaking the fortress in which I've sunk 2 ships worth 18.000 tons together - no capital ship in the harbour at that night).

vdr1981
06-29-15, 10:21 AM
Can different save/load situation cause weird behaviour of the OPFOR ships? I had situation with 4 destroyers circling around me, pinging me, etc. and just out of frustration I blowed all ballast and emerged in the circle made out of these destroyers and 2 PT boats and they didn't take a shot at me. They didn't even aim at me.

It's one of the oldest and the most annoying AI problems in SH5. Harbor protection tends to get stuck and that can ruin all the fun and exciting. This is one of the reasons why I always advise people not to do harbor raids in SH5.
It's just not realistic with known AI limitations plus , player presence near enemy harbors will prevent any random convoy/units activation so that can potentially create more problems.

How's game stability seem to you? Any random crashes?

mirage3000
06-29-15, 11:47 AM
It's one of the oldest and the most annoying AI problems in SH5. Harbor protection tends to get stuck and that can ruin all the fun and exciting. This is one of the reasons why I always advise people not to do harbor raids in SH5.
It's just not realistic with known AI limitations plus , player presence near enemy harbors will prevent any random convoy/units activation so that can potentially create more problems.

How's game stability seem to you? Any random crashes?

Hi! Thanks for the reply. This didn't happen in front of any harbor, but I was pretty close to the coast. It was before I approached the Scapa flow (50-100 km before the main entrance from the east side). Stability is pretty good. I've experienced maybe couple of crashes given the situation that I've really started to play the campaign a couple of days ago. The only thing that sometimes annoys me is the time acceleration that doesn't give me always opportunity to run it higher than 256 (sometimes 512 when there is nothing around by far). I've also experienced that PT boats are sometimes half submerged and some other ships are submerged almost all the way up to the deck. Sometimes when the ship appears on the horizon, it looks like masts and chimney are peeking from the water and when they are more close everything looks fine (it looks buggy but on the other hand I'm not so sure if its purposely done to simulate curvature of the earth because I don't really know what is the distance at which this fenomena could appear to an observer).

I've entered the Scapa flow bay trough the northern blockshiped canal - like trough an eye of a needle. The sun was beginning to set and there was just enough light to see shadows and outlines of the wreckages in the water trough the minimally errected periscope. It looked very eerie. The canal entrance was guarded with 2 ships, but didn't want to examine them too much so periscope was used only to navigate under the water trough the wreckages. Speed was 2 knots, maximum silence. When I was in the middle of the bay it was somewhere beetween 22h and 00h, can't quite remember. There were a lot of ships in the bay but non of the capital ones. One medium sized ship was at the docks. I've only had 4 torpedoes because of the previous engagements before I arrived and since all of the ships were stationary, I made firing solution for two biggest targets, fired them and scadoodled westward trough Hoy sound strait (right side from Graemsay), then went north, all arround the archipelago back to the northern sea and ran back home. I was completely out of torpedoes, CO2 was somewhere arround 30%, batteries less then 1/4. Out of 4 torpedoes, 3 hit the target, one was dud, but the mayhem was completed.