PDA

View Full Version : Captain's Log - On Patrol - More Details

Herr Eeguy
06-26-15, 12:15 PM
This is more of a SH4 MOD question I suppose but I'll post it here anyways because there are more readers here :) and keyword(s) search is crazy!! lol

I'm looking for more sunken ship details in the Captain's Log while still on patrol. (Not the career log while in port but that would be nice too). Such info tidbits like the ship's name, cargo, hands (lost), etc... would be real nice to have. A mod would be great if it exists but info on "how to" that I can do using notebook edit would be fine too.

Right now I'm just using Stock v1.4 but am willing to upgrade if this is included in a "super-mod".

Thanks in advance!! :subsim:

Sailor Steve
06-26-15, 01:53 PM
Sorry, but no one has done that for SH4. There is a sophisticated tool for SH3 that does that and a whole lot more, but it was made by a talented programmer and takes a lot more than just editing.

I add names into my own personal SH4 logs, but not in-game or afterward - just on paper and then in my own logs written in WordPad.

Herr Eeguy
06-27-15, 01:53 PM
Thanks Sailor Steve for the feedback. Yes I had that mod for SH3 and enjoyed it. I knew that it would take a programmer to really dig in and do what I was asking for simply because of the random factors that would be involved.

Happy submarining!! :salute: