PDA

View Full Version : Surface ships for SH5, where?

alefebvre
06-18-15, 06:33 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and new to this game (although I knew Silent Hunter III that I appreciated).
I have a question and hope it is not a silly question!
I saw on youtube videos taken at putting surface ships them (with, among others, Bismarck). These videos announce that it is Silent Hunter 5 but I do not find any mods for surface ships (especially the Bismarck!) for Silent Hunter 5 while there are many for Silent Hunter 4 ... Do I deduce that there is not version 5 SH or should we look elsewhere? :hmmm:
Thank you in advance for your reply and sorry if this is really a stupid question.

Sailor Steve
06-18-15, 06:50 AM
Welcome Aboard! :sunny:

The major problem is that while SH5 was touted as being easily modable, it has been extremely difficult to even mod in new unplayable ships. People have tried unsuccessfully to add other playable U-boat types. Surface warships seem to be out of the question altogether.

kevinsue
06-18-15, 08:18 AM
Welcome Aboard! :sunny:

The major problem is that while SH5 was touted as being easily modable, it has been extremely difficult to even mod in new unplayable ships. People have tried unsuccessfully to add other playable U-boat types. Surface warships seem to be out of the question altogether.

Not sure if alefebvre was referring to playable ships in SH5 but "unique ships" such as Bismark are included in the OHII campaigns. Last time I seen her was anchored at Kiel.:yep:

quote: from somebodys sig:03:
"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Bagehot

http://i57.tinypic.com/125m537.jpg

...❝ I have a dream❞...that someday...before I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I'm getting a playable 1934 Tribal class destroyer into SH5 to pound the living daylights out of those damned U-boats! :haha: