PDA

View Full Version : My Salute to you all

maddog51
06-17-15, 12:05 PM
I’m a 64year old fart and I’m not new to gaming. I used to get into Dos, install my 3.5 inch floppy and into another world I’d go. But with three young kids at the time, I needed more work and more hours. My wife and I did put all three through College and in between they got their X-boxes and whatever. Now that I’m getting ready to retire, another 2 years for the Wife to do also, then travel time. But in the mean time my boys bought me some games and got me back into gaming.
I’m trying to remember, but I think the last game I bought for myself was Falcon 4.0, flying the F-16 in Korea. Back then there were mods on top of mods, the people were very into the game and created different areas of engagement. All of these people were very talented in the work ‘mods’ that they have done. I wish I was that talented so I could have contributed, but I’m not.
What I see here is a lot of talented people also keeping up with the games that they enjoy and in many their work is superb.
I’m also an eye candy guy who loves detail and hope to find that right mod to satisfy my tastes. There a lot to choose from.
I’ll be asking questions on a few things here and there so please be patient with this old fart.
Rich B

Eichhörnchen
06-17-15, 01:02 PM
Come on in, Rich, and welcome:)

u crank
06-17-15, 02:48 PM
Welcome to SubSim Rich, from another old fart.:D

:salute:

HW3
06-17-15, 04:01 PM
Welcome Aboard the good sub SubSim Rich, from another 64 year old fart.:yep:

Aktungbby
06-17-15, 04:54 PM
maddog51!:Kaleun_Salute:from yet another 64 year old!:wah: My only just got thru her masters courses, so I'm two outta three degrees for the moment-@ U-Crank: 6/25 and 65! just around the corner BBY:woot:

BossMark
06-17-15, 11:36 PM
A very warm welcome :salute::salute::salute:

THEBERBSTER
06-18-15, 03:46 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > maddog51 :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119) :yeah:
Post #24 Shaefer’s Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube Videos :ping: (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2185189&postcount=24)

Jimbuna
06-18-15, 07:59 AM
Not sure why your post count isn't working :hmm2:

Welcome to SubSim Rich :sunny:

Commander Wallace
06-24-15, 02:35 AM
Welcome aboard Rich. :ping: We may have questions on Falcon 4.0 too