PDA

View Full Version : Insert Title Here: My first post.

Tornado_1555
06-11-15, 07:05 PM
Just popped in to say hello to everyone!

I myself discovered this forum after returning to Silent Hunter 4 after at least 5 years of not playing it and I discovered something particularly interesting: Realism mods!

I have spent the previous day downloading that RFB mod and its accompanying additional patches and fixes, and was caught by the download limit. So while I wait for the thing to reset I might as well read up on mechanics and manuals again and see how everyone's doing. Quite chuffed to try that modded mess (that I've thrown together with no experience) out...

Also, if I might ask what are everyone's experiences with SH5? Is it worth its weight in paper money yet? It's been forever since I checked, but from what I remember it seemed a money sink.

Aktungbby
06-11-15, 07:14 PM
Tornado_1555!:Kaleun_Salute:Also, if I might ask what are everyone's experiences with SH5? Is it worth its weight in paper money yet? It's been forever since I checked, but from what I remember it seemed a money sink. Some will still agree with that but the many mods are making a difference.

Tornado_1555
06-11-15, 07:20 PM
Interesting.

I tried it out once on a friend's computer and I was caught by how pretty and yet unsanded it looked, but from what I can tell the modders of these subsims have been very very active during their history... it might be worth a try for me to check it out then.

I remember when I managed to blow my own submarine up in clear waters, although from my said friend's massive laughter I suspect it was from some basic mistake I did. This realism mod is going to be a sobering experience, I feel...

HW3
06-11-15, 08:44 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Aktungbby
06-11-15, 09:31 PM
This realism mod is going to be a sobering experience, I feel... Your dry wit is duly noted!:D try Sober's Megamod for starters and sink 'em all!:O: :salute:

u crank
06-12-15, 04:32 AM
Welcome to SubSim Tornado_1555. :salute:

griffin
06-12-15, 05:15 AM
welcome and i to returned latly after 5 yrs and yes i was blown away by number of mods etc ............good luck and clear ur baffles

Jimbuna
06-12-15, 05:19 AM
SH5 is much improved since it was released and not overly priced atm.

Welcome :sunny:

Eichhörnchen
06-12-15, 05:19 PM
Welcome to SubSim, Tornado_1555:)