PDA

View Full Version : What goes well with TMO+RSDC?

steinbeck
05-09-15, 11:49 AM
I have TMO v 2.5 & RSDC TMO D/Ld with their patches.What would be a good install to improve this? I'm aiming for real 100% realism sub and manual targetting etc.

My System is:
Processor. Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q 6600@".40GHz 2.40GHz
Installed Memory(RAM) 8.00Gb.
Sys type 64bit.

C:\drive 1.81 TB (1.69 free)
E:\drive storage/games 1.81TB (1.46 free)
External drive 931 GB (8.23 GB free)

Graphics NVidia GeForce GTX 650. updated

Mods waiting for install: IT's very possible some of these aren't mnecessary due to other mods having the same installs. I haven't ever used these so not awawre of any overlapping.:oops: :doh:
Thank You all.

TMO_small_ patch.
3D TD and Radar Range Unit v102.
15_Optical TargetingCorrection031312forTMPO 2.5.
300yd Bearing Tool(1360x).
AOB printable.
Easy AOB mod.
High Realism Turtorial.
High Realism Mission.
HPR_mod.
IJN_Radar_Fix.
IMprovedShip- Physics2.6_TMO_RSDC.
ditto ditto ditto 2xPatch.
MaxOptics IV for TMO_2.
Navmap_mod_for_SH4_v1_1.
Nisgeis_Range_Ring_and Bearing_Line.
otc_rsrd 550.
Pre_Pearl_Harbour_Career_Start_V4.3.
RSRDC_TMO_V502.
SCAF for TMO_2.
SCAFfor RSRDC_v502.
TMO-VISUALS-for_RSRDC.
TMO2_fix-forTDW_DC_Water_DIsturbance_v_2_0_SH4.dat.
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5.

fireftr18
05-09-15, 06:13 PM
From your list, I use:
300yd bearing tool
Improved ship physics
Max Optics

Add them one at a time, and see how you like it. If you like it, then remember for later. As you add them permanently, add the larger ones first. Then one at a time to make sure there isn't a conflict. It becomes time consuming and tedious, but is well worth it.

TorpX
05-09-15, 10:39 PM
You have both:
otc_rsrd 550 and 15_Optical TargetingCorrection031312forTMPO 2.5. on your list. I suspect this is redundant.

You don't need:
SCAF for TMO_2. and SCAFfor RSRDC_v502.
since you have OTC.

You should have the patch for RSRDC_TMO_V502.

SilentPrey adapted a version of ISP for OTC, so this would be a good version for you. It is in downloads, HERE (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4649). You still will need to install the 2.x patch.

I don't know about the other mods, but I suspect you would be better off starting with a shorter list.

Armistead
05-09-15, 11:05 PM
problem with many mods is they overwrite the same files, while many may work with tmo, they may change aspects of other mods that work with tmo...so u may gain or lose based on how u stack mods....

steinbeck
05-10-15, 03:58 AM
All good advice taken onboard. I had intended to only install the TMO and RSRDC mods and then others gradually one by one.
It's a long time since I have played SH4. Been hooked on a new Golf game which is the nearest to a real course I have ever played. Amazingly brilliant for a video game. (The Golf Club')

SilentPrey
05-12-15, 01:49 AM
I have the same requirements you do (manual targeting and 100% realism) and run the following mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC_OTC
OTC_ISP_Crew Mod

Be sure to pick the correct aspect ratio for OTC. Also, I adapted Improved Ship Physics after TorpX released the patch so it is patched and includes the severe weather folder as well.

I just uploaded the crew mod to here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4678
It sets the maximum numbers of officers and petty officers to be more realistic and also makes the changes that are in the TMO small patch. I had enabled the small patch immediately after TMO but it was getting overwritten again.

Lastly, don't forget to make SH4 large address aware. Happy hunting!

steinbeck
05-12-15, 07:15 AM
I have the same requirements you do (manual targeting and 100% realism) and run the following mod list:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[C:\Steam\steamapps\common\silent hunters wolves of the pacific\MODS]

1_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5
RSRDC_TMO_V502
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
1.5_Optical Targeting Correction 031312 for RSRDCv502
1.5_OTC_Realistic Scopes for 16 to 9 RSRDCv502
Improved Ship Physics 2.6_TMO_RSRDC_OTC
OTC_ISP_Crew Mod

Be sure to pick the correct aspect ratio for OTC. Also, I adapted Improved Ship Physics after TorpX released the patch so it is patched and includes the severe weather folder as well.

I just uploaded the crew mod to here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4678
It sets the maximum numbers of officers and petty officers to be more realistic and also makes the changes that are in the TMO small patch. I had enabled the small patch immediately after TMO but it was getting overwritten again.

Lastly, don't forget to make SH4 large address aware. Happy hunting!

Thanks for all that, I shall reshape my installs somewhat now. like the crew one!.