PDA

View Full Version : Really need help with TMO working

JeffreyG
05-05-15, 05:39 PM
I have read and re-read everything about installing mods and I'm certain everything is as it should be, but when I install the TMO mod that I really, really want to run, nothing happens. The game is the same as ever.

I'll give a screenshot assuming this works, but basically:
1) SH4 Wolves of the Pacific is sitting in a folder on the desktop
2) JSGME is unzipped in the SH4 folder
3) TMO is unzipped and sitting as the first level folder in MODS
4) "Data" is the next level folder in TMO
5) When I run JSGME, it finds TMO and when I install it some seconds pass and the bar shows task completion. I folder named "Data" appears in SH4.

But then after all that, when I run SH4 again it is just the regular game. No changes seem to have happened. What on earth am I doing wrong?

derekb525
05-05-15, 06:07 PM
looks like you have it in the wrong folder. that silent hunter 4 folder appears to be just for the installation

go to the shortcut you use to launch the game and right click it and click properties. look at the "target" box and what ever folder the target sh4.exe is in is the folder you should put the mods in

Aktungbby
05-05-15, 07:32 PM
:Kaleun_Salute:JeffreyG!

fireftr18
05-05-15, 08:43 PM
Permission granted to come aboard JeffreyG! Welcome to the Subsim crew. :salute:

Don't install sh4 into the "x84" folder. Something about Windows, it won't allow the mods to take effect. Most of us install sh4 in it's own directory or under another directory such as "games." Put JSGME start icon in the sh4 directory, then start it. JSGME will create a "mods" folder. You want to put the mod files in a directory under that.

I won't assign one of my stupid jobs. Sounds like you'll have enough work getting your boat going. Aw heck, go polish the prop shafts. :D

Jimbuna
05-06-15, 05:14 AM
Welcome to SubSim JeffreyG :sunny:

JeffreyG
05-07-15, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, I think DerekB is probably on the right track because I had noticed that my SH4 icon is an autorun, and I don't see the .exe file in the main directory.

I'll give this a more detailed look later this week when I get a bit more time and report back.

Thanks!