PDA

View Full Version : Missions

Scarredclown
04-28-15, 05:42 PM
Is there a negative impact on your renown if you dont to the mission assigned to you ? Now i'm ordered to drop an agent on the coast of hokkaido. Really ? During WW2 , Americans drop agent on the east coast of japan ? I guess they do or it wouldnt be included in the game.

Sniper297
04-28-15, 06:00 PM
The way that works, when you do something good you get "renown" points which add up to medals and can be spent for new crewmen and equipment. For the mission you're talking about you would get 300 renown points for completing the mission. That's it, there's no penalty for failing to complete a mission, you just don't get awarded the renown points.

By contrast sinking a 10,000 ton tanker earns you 3000 renown points. So if it's a choice between sinking the 10,000 ton tanker or completing the mission, you get 10 times as many points for the tanker.

Main thing to remember is not completing the assigned mission doesn't lose very many points, so if it's too tedious or hard then skip it.

Torplexed
04-28-15, 07:21 PM
Really ? During WW2 , Americans drop agent on the east coast of japan ? I guess they do or it wouldnt be included in the game.

The US never dropped agents or spies off in Japan proper. (Having just interned the entire west coast population of Japanese-Americans, where were we gonna find any willing Japanese agents?) I have a feeling this was either dismal research on Ubisoft's part or some holdover that had been planned for SH3.

Now, dropping off guys to blow up trains, that happened on one occasion. :D

Sailor Steve
04-28-15, 09:41 PM
Likewise the photo-recon missions. They never once photographed the ships inside a harbor. There were only 13 of them the entire war, and every one was of an island the US was planning to invade.

Harvs
04-28-15, 11:54 PM
The US never dropped agents or spies off in Japan proper. (Having just interned the entire west coast population of Japanese-Americans, where were we gonna find any willing Japanese agents?) I have a feeling this was either dismal research on Ubisoft's part or some holdover that had been planned for SH3.

Now, dropping off guys to blow up trains, that happened on one occasion. :D

USS Barb, detailed in the book..Thunder below by Eugene B. Fluckey...great read :yeah:

Harvs
04-29-15, 12:03 AM
Your English is better than my Quebecian :up: