PDA

View Full Version : difference between SH5 and SH5 gold

RPMac
04-23-15, 09:56 AM
Anyone know the diferences between the standard SH5 dvd edition and the SH5 gold download edition? which is prefered? thanks, looking foward to playing;)

Sailor Steve
04-23-15, 11:01 AM
Apparently some crap. Or not.

Actually some extra non-playable ships and a manual that may or may not be there but if it is it sucks. At least according to people who have it. Might be worth having if it costs the same or less than the regular version. If it costs more you're likely wasting your money.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/48110/discussions/0/540734423960805769/?insideModal=1

RPMac
04-23-15, 11:41 AM
Actually, I was thinking of the gold edition on sale for download at amazon, or is that some how through steam? I do not want the steam version, as I plan to try some mods, thanks for the quick reply though

Aktungbby
04-23-15, 12:02 PM
RPMac!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
04-24-15, 05:13 AM
Welcome to SubSim RPMac :sunny:

SeaStalker
05-03-15, 10:31 AM
Actually, I was thinking of the gold edition on sale for download at amazon, or is that some how through steam? I do not want the steam version, as I plan to try some mods, thanks for the quick reply though

I would recommend the Amazon version over Steam, though they are both the Gold Version of SH5. The Steam version sounds like there is a lot of trouble getting it work. For the Amazon version you'll have to download UbiSoft's app called Uplay in order to register/play the game. Once I installed it the game started right up and has been fine so far.