PDA

View Full Version : UBI Launch

icthird623
04-07-15, 08:28 AM
Have been playing for more than two years. For most that means countless installs, mod additions, mod updates and more restarts and more installs.
It was time to reinstall the OP Sys (w 8.1) All went smooth until SH 5.
UBI updated their start procedure again. Now when the game is launched you get a 3 min trailer and can not stop it unless you shut the computer down. The end of the trailer does not start the game. It never starts. Does not seem to matter if you are on line or not. Been working on it for two days. Any one have this problem?
If not I will attempt to get a hold of UBI. Sorry about the length, but this may just be enough to make me move on.
Thx :/\\!!

icthird623
04-09-15, 11:59 AM
Running Windows 8.1. I have to run sim in compatibility mode :hmm2:

THEBERBSTER
04-09-15, 05:54 PM
Hi icthird

If you are referring to the video that starts when you have logged in to Uplay.

Pressing the ESC Key should stop it and start to load the game.

There is a patch in TDW's Generic File Patcher that turns this off permanently.

There is also a Patch for Uplay as well.

As far as Windows 8 there is a specific thread for it where you can find a lot of information or ask your own question regarding the compatibility.

It is advisable to run the SH5.exe Application and also the Ubisoft Game Launcher .exe that will be in your program (x86) folder both as Administrators anyway for SH5.

As I do not have win8 its worth a try changing to administrator and see if you still need to run in compatibility mode.

Peter