PDA

View Full Version : Installation problems

styer27
04-05-15, 10:58 PM
Hi guys, i have just purchsed SH% but are having problems getting the gameto work, any help would be appreciated.

The game has intalled fine but i cannot get the uplay to connect at all. Ive tried disabling my norton and opening ports to name just a few, but nothing seems to work. No other games or apps have any problem connecting to the internet. I cant seem to find any solutions to fix it online so im wondering if maybe there is some kind of workaround via patches and stuff.

Im a big silent hunter fan and am keen to get into this one, looking through the mods im expecting a good time, but simply cannot even get the vanilla game to run correct ...... help please!

Aktungbby
04-06-15, 12:00 AM
styer27!:Kaleun_Salute:hang tough! you're in the right forum thread; help will arrive shortly.

THEBERBSTER
04-06-15, 02:54 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > styer27 :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119) :yeah:
Having Tonnage Bar Problems Then You Need My Tutorial Post #188 :/\\!!
Check out my Tutorial Post #173 :salute::salute::salute:

styer27
04-06-15, 05:33 AM
I appreciate the attempt to help, and the guide was very unformative and easy to follow, but im afraid it didnt fix the problem. i uninstalled and clearned out uplay then downloaded frtom the link, i placed on administrator rights but for the 100th attempt is still doent work.

This has been an ongoing thing for a while now, ive been in multiple forums asking different places for help, ive searched all web solutions, but othing works.

Ive been web browsing for days trying to find solutions, but none of the solutions seem to work for me.

My system:
Running windows 8 with a norton security installed.

Things ive tried:
-shutting down norton security
-re-installing uplay (about 10 times)
-opening specific ports 80 14000 etc
-starting in safe mode with networking
-flusing DNS
-deleting AND altering "hosts" file
-starting with admin rights and compatibility changes
-read through all forums and support threads on the subject

Im hoping this forum may have better results than others, because i still havent solved the problem, i have a ticket with uplay developers also, but they havent respnded.

styer27
04-06-15, 05:36 AM
Just to clarify again, im stuck at the uplay message .....

"a Uplay service is not availible right now, please try again later"

Also i run many games onine, but never had problems connecting to anything in the past.

Jimbuna
04-06-15, 05:46 AM
I reckon your best bet would be to await a reply from uplay atm.

Welcome to SubSim :sunny:

kevinsue
04-06-15, 07:20 AM
Just to clarify again, im stuck at the uplay message .....

"a Uplay service is not availible right now, please try again later"

Also i run many games onine, but never had problems connecting to anything in the past.

Try downloading "TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0" and installing. There are a number of threads on this forum on how to install this mod correctly. Try
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804
and
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703 for a start.

This mod has the provision to disable Uplay launcher and Orbit listener in a test mode while you wait for Uplay to provide a resolution for your problem.
That way at least you can play SH5 while waiting. I suggest using the Snapshot from "The Wolves of Steel" megamod to simplify the options available with the Generic patcher.

styer27
04-06-15, 09:25 AM
Got it fixed finally, turns out you have to activate uplay first through the installation CD, with the register button, then install the game, then after that you can log into the uplay launcher. Simply having a uplay pre registered launcher is not enough.

kevinsue
04-06-15, 09:51 AM
Got it fixed finally, turns out you have to activate uplay first through the installation CD, with the register button, then install the game, then after that you can log into the uplay launcher. Simply having a uplay pre registered launcher is not enough.

Good one :up:
I still recommend installing TDW_GenericPatcher_v_1_0_168_0 as it repairs a lot of bugs inherent with the original game, and most current mods you may want to install assume that your version of SH5 is patched. :yep: