PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! Zuff reporting in!

zuff
03-31-15, 11:52 AM
Hey captains!

Just signed up and donated, what an amazing community you've created here.

A bit about myself:
I'm a 29 year old marketing director from NC, USA and love video games. Always been a fan of sims but I've mostly stuck to the clouds (DCS, IL2) and I've never played a submarine game before Silent Hunter V (I know, right?!)

I was recently playing Navy Field 2 and managed to get myself a Type II on my German Captain and thought, hey, this is pretty cool. I wonder if there are any good Submarine sims out there? I've heard of Silent Hunter before but always glanced over it thinking it would be too daunting to get into.

I guess age has given me more patience to try new things so I immediately started doing research into the series.

I searched Steam and read reviews for the multiple games from Ubi. The first I found was SHV. The idea of walking around a submarine really sold me and the older games not having this feature pushed me towards buying it.

Before I bought it, I read the reviews and everyone said "Hey, go to subsim get yourself a modpack and DON'T buy on steam. I did just that.

Ended up here before I even bought the game, researched into the amazing mods you guys created and found crazy long tutorials and again, patience has grown on me over time so I made sure I knew what I was getting.

5 days later, I've donated to subsim.com, put 40 hours into SHV, downloaded gigs and gigs of mods, reinstalled a dozen times, sank 20 merchants, set 100 fishes loose, and I'm still loving every minute of it.

I love the RealNav mod but I just don't think I can figure out the four bearings. I've watched a few videos, run Treveley's tutorial, and spent hours just trying to nail it down. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

But I want to say you guys are great, love the site. It's sometimes hard though to find the most recent modpack everyone's using or an up-to-date modlist. My dream modpack is something like Dynamic Enviroments, NewUI, RealNav, better torpedoes (one shot one kill?), bug fixes, and nothing but graphical/sound improvements on top of that. If anyone has a good list to share with me please let me know. I'll probably post this in the workshop section later.

But glad to see you guys are still going strong after the many up and downs of the series.

Thanks!
:salute:
- Zuff

Aktungbby
03-31-15, 12:00 PM
zuff!:Kaleun_Salute:

u crank
03-31-15, 01:41 PM
Welcome to SubSim Zuff. Great intro post. :salute:

ReallyDedPoet
03-31-15, 02:13 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM :sunny:

Be sure to pick up a copy of SH3 & 4 as well. Both with mods are excellent.

Jimbuna
03-31-15, 03:12 PM
Welcome to SubSim zuff :sunny:

HW3
03-31-15, 08:07 PM
Welcome Aboard!

THEBERBSTER
04-01-15, 04:34 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > zuff :subsim:
You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Link. :salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:yeah: (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119)

Having Tonnage Bar Problems Then You Need My Tutorial Post #188 :/\\!!

zuff
04-01-15, 11:05 AM
Don't worry, THEBERBSTER, I've read that post like a bible. Thanks for the great work you do around here. You helped me find my bearings.

Get it?

Ok, I'll see myself out.

desertstriker
04-14-15, 02:30 AM
Welcome to Subsim:salute: