PDA

View Full Version : Sinking music

ninja turtle
03-31-15, 10:18 AM
Hi all.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the music that is played when a ship is hit by a torpedo? It kinda spoils the immersion for me. I've seen this post by Makr: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=111763

"If anyone wants to remove the music that comes on after you sink a ship, you need to edit music.cfg in this directory C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SH3\data\Sound\Music

Make this section look like this

[JOY]
Tracks=1
;Track1=Happy_Times_4.ogg
;Track1=empty.ogg
;Track2=Joy_2_Master.ogg
;Track3=Joy_3_Master.ogg

Within the folders: Program Files (x86)-Steam-SteamApps-common-Silent Hunter3-data-Sound-Music-

My set up looks as the thumbnail.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks comrades.

:subsim:

ninja turtle
04-02-15, 05:49 AM
I've managed to take the music out by the following (a Steam version of the game):

C:Program Files (x86)-Steam-SteamApps-common-Silent Hunter 3-SH3-data-cfg-main.cfg-[Sound] Music=No

However, I've now lost "Torpedo impact!" notification from the sound guy.

I suppose I can eyeball if there is limited danger of reprisal if I hang about to observe the resulting attack. Or listen to the hydrophones for torpedo hits / sinking noises.

Anyway I'll see how it pans whilst in a career patrol.

Hope that helps anyone who wishes to take out the music.

:subsim:

Tupolev
04-02-15, 10:41 AM
Just turn the music option off in sound options.

T

ninja turtle
04-13-15, 10:29 AM
Just turn the music option off in sound options.

T

Hi Tupolev,

I've tried turning the music option off in options but I like to have the "Das Boot" music on when starting the game and to occasionally have the gramophone on whilst on patrol.

However, I have redone the changes I made back to the original (ie [Sound] Music=Yes) to try your idea and still have no 'sinking music' nor "Torpedo Impact" notification.

:/\\!!

Oh well. At least the music has gone.

maillemaker
04-13-15, 11:59 AM
The music setting should not affect the ability to use the gramophone.

Steve

Sailor Steve
04-13-15, 12:12 PM
The very first thing I did ten years ago was get rid of that music, as I didn't want a "cinematic experience" but what I considered a realistic one, and real life doesn't have background music.

My method was to open the Data/Sound/Music folder and deleted everything except the Music.cfg and the Menu_Master LOOP.ogg. That second file is the one that plays when you are in the menu. Mine doesn't play music though; it plays the scene from the movie where they're walking through the sub pens talking about the boat.