PDA

View Full Version : view stutters and jumps

corporalspiffy
03-21-15, 10:55 AM
when i look around from the bridge it is very choppy or when i move around the boat the view stutters and jumps.

it cant be my computer or video card or anything. GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-Bit

any ideas?

the TDW mod is very good with the tutorials and the RealNav. :shucks:

THEBERBSTER
03-21-15, 11:25 AM
Hi CS

Press the CTRL+F8 key to see your frame rate in your game.

I would suggest that you have a look at my tutorial post #104 as you may need to think about this even with your 2gb gpu.

I have not seen your SH5 mod list so I do not know if you have mods that are taking up resources.

The bridge for example will have a lower frame rate than when you are looking at your nav map.

Peter

corporalspiffy
03-21-15, 11:34 AM
Hi CS

Press the CTRL+F8 key to see your frame rate in your game.

I would suggest that you have a look at my tutorial post #104 as you may need to think about this even with your 2gb gpu.

I have not seen your SH5 mod list so I do not know if you have mods that are taking up resources.

The bridge for example will have a lower frame rate than when you are looking at your nav map.

Peter

im only running the TDW supermod.

thanks for the advice.

this card can handle Battlefield 4 at high settings no problem. even in high intensity situations (smoke, explosions, multiple players, fast action) the game runs smoothly. so i cant see how slowly scanning across the field of view in SH5 from the conning tower can cause so much stutter and jump.

i will apply the fix you suggest in your excellent and thoroughly presented list of tutorials. :up:

THEBERBSTER
03-21-15, 03:04 PM
Hi CS

If you are just running the one mod of TDW'sNewUI then that is a bit worrying as are not using any mods that fix problems.

Everything else you are running is stock.

What about TDW's Generic File Patcher?

My tutorial post #2 installation instructions..

Has that been installed?

Peter

corporalspiffy
03-21-15, 04:02 PM
Hi CS

If you are just running the one mod of TDW'sNewUI then that is a bit worrying as are not using any mods that fix problems.

Everything else you are running is stock.

What about TDW's Generic File Patcher?

My tutorial post #2 installation instructions..

Has that been installed?

Peter

that fix you suggested in your list of tutorials helped considerably. i guess you cant have everything. sometimes one of the watchmen just disappears and then reappears.

i set the fps limit at 40 first and then at 60 (monitor refresh rate)

im running wolves of steel 1.03 and 1.03 patch 4 and TDW realnav and with your help i have that patcher running too. do i have to initialize it before each time i load the game?

THEBERBSTER
03-21-15, 06:54 PM
Hi CS

That TWOS is a very big super mod.

I can see why you are using up resources.

Keep the CTRL+F8 going in your game play and you can monitor what is going on.

I would say a 2gb gpu is the minimum you need now for SH5.

I have a 4gb gpu and I do not use high resolution mods or now need Antilag.

If you followed vdr's instructions for TWOS your patcher should to be installed from TDW'sNewUI and vdr also supplies the required Snapshot file to go with it.

You should also install TDW's OPtions File Editor Viewer as well from within Tdw's NewUI mod as well.

These 2 applications are not installed as stand alone's.

Peter