PDA

View Full Version : Need help desperately!

RealGrognard
03-20-15, 09:30 AM
Hi guys,

I'm playing stock SH5. (I also have mods but right now I am just trying to get it working at all using stock).

The first mission.
British Coastal Waters.

No matter what I do for love nor money I cannot get anything to count in the tonnage bar.

It is a legit copy of the game and Uplay is running in the background, in online mode.

I have searched the forums and have not been able to find an answer.

Can any of you guys actually give me an answer for how to get the tonnage bar working. I have heard a theory that this is some form of DRM, I don't know whether it is true, but my copy is legit so I don't understand.

I am about to give up and uninstall the game because it simply seems to be broken and not working.

Thanks.
Grognard :salute:

Sandman_28054
03-20-15, 09:38 AM
Stock version, unless I'm wrong, no matter what you sink, it won't show up in the tonnage bar until after you return to base. Or, you have sunk the required amount to complete that mission.

It has been a while since I played the stock version.

corporalspiffy
03-20-15, 10:03 AM
im in the same position as you.

i just first installed the game yesterday and im trying to sort out TDW supermod installation and his patcher utility.

for some reason when i install the game the entire install appears twice on my C: drive in two ubisoft files once in programs (x86) and once just in C:

THEBERBSTER
03-20-15, 01:02 PM
Hi Guys

Having a working Tonnage Bar is unpredictable.

Just take control of it yourself using my tutorial post #188

It is really easy to do and you can record anything you want including 90 ton coastal boats.

The tonnage bar should show ships sunk as showing by the destroyed marks.

The problem is that some ships count and others do not.

The game installation will default to your C: drive.

The Ubisoft Game Launcher for Uplay defaults to the C:Program (x86) folder.

That is why you see it in two places

Peter

RealGrognard
03-20-15, 07:07 PM
Sandman, I think I tried returning to base and it didn't make a difference for me.

Peter, so is there just no rhyme nor reason to it, and no real way to make it work except by hacking it using your post 188? No other way around it?

Anybody else have any ideas? Is it something do to with DRM or not?

THEBERBSTER
03-21-15, 08:02 AM
Hi RG

It still remains a mystery to day after nearly a year as to why this affects some and not others.

Vdr in his TWOS has removed it altogether with his latest patch.

My post #188 is the best way and just forget about the automation side of it.

Peter

Sandman_28054
03-21-15, 08:39 AM
Sandman, I think I tried returning to base and it didn't make a difference for me.

Peter, so is there just no rhyme nor reason to it, and no real way to make it work except by hacking it using your post 188? No other way around it?

Anybody else have any ideas? Is it something do to with DRM or not?

I'm using the "Open Horizons II" mod, and as explained above, there is no reason for it to be doing the things it does. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it don't.

Don't worry about it. When you sink the required tonnage to end the missions, you'll know.