PDA

View Full Version : First new uniform for the RN since WWII

Oberon
03-19-15, 07:24 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-31950420

The better flash protection gets my vote, although it seems less distinctive than the old blues. :hmmm:

em2nought
03-23-15, 09:59 AM
At least y'all aren't dumb enough to think that sailors need camo. ...and if sailors do need camo it should look like battery acid spills, or grease, or gray paint blobs, or whatever messy things that engineering gets into. :D

Cybermat47
03-23-15, 03:08 PM
I'm getting really annoyed by uniforms with the rank slide on the front. When they're on the shoulders, you can see the person's rank from behind and in front, so you know the protocol around them without having to awkwardly check their front.

STEED
03-24-15, 02:52 PM
How many ships did we have to sell to the French?

Jimbuna
03-24-15, 04:27 PM
This is a modern uniform which suits a modern Navy.

Agreed...the time has come for a change.

em2nought
03-25-15, 11:00 PM
How many ships did we have to sell to the French?

There's the rub. :salute:

em2nought
03-25-15, 11:02 PM
I'm getting really annoyed by uniforms with the rank slide on the front. When they're on the shoulders, you can see the person's rank from behind and in front, so you know the protocol around them without having to awkwardly check their front.

Seems like that might lead to all sorts of bad results, like "my eyes are up here sailor". :har:

Jimbuna
03-26-15, 07:21 AM
Seems like that might lead to all sorts of bad results, like "my eyes are up here sailor". :har:

Never thought of that :)