PDA

View Full Version : lifeboat and torpedo mods for gwx 3.0

midnightrider1818
03-12-15, 01:02 AM
Hey guys. I was looking for a mod to add to sh3 with gwx 3.0 to include lifeboats. I found the lifeboats and debris mod but it says it only compatible with gwx 2.1. I was also looking for one to increase torpedo damage. Maybe it is just me but it seems it takes two or more torpedos to sink small to med size merchants. I thought this was a bit unrealistic.

sik1977
03-12-15, 03:47 AM
Hey guys. I was looking for a mod to add to sh3 with gwx 3.0 to include lifeboats. I found the lifeboats and debris mod but it says it only compatible with gwx 2.1. I was also looking for one to increase torpedo damage. Maybe it is just me but it seems it takes two or more torpedos to sink small to med size merchants. I thought this was a bit unrealistic.

Under the Keel shots are a lot more effective at sinking ships generally. Just that poor weather can cause a lot of premature detonations when you use magnetic triggers and shoot from any reasonable distance.

Large Cargos/Merchants can be one-shotted under the keel 50% of the time if you wait a bit (realistic sinking times). But most larger ships (except the Tankers/pyro ammunition ships which may blow up immediately) generally need two torpedoes to take down.

Sailor Steve
03-12-15, 09:56 AM
Lifeboats and Debris mod final, with animated rowers.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=628

Wooden Lifeboats, by Iambecomelife. Adds the big wooden boats, but no animations.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3911

As far as I know the two cannot be used together.

rowi58
03-12-15, 11:24 AM
Rubini's "Lifeboat and Debris Mod" (see Sailor Steve's first link in the post above) ist compatible with GWX 2.1 AND GWX 3.0 Gold - because there are no significant changes between GWX 2.1 and GWX 3.0 Gold.

IIRC someone combined both mods from Rubini and Iambecomelife, but i don't know who it was.

Greetings
rowi58

Sailor Steve
03-12-15, 11:42 AM
IIRC someone combined both mods from Rubini and Iambecomelife, but i don't know who it was.
Someone else said he was going to animate the Wooden Lifeboats mod, but it never happened.

Jeff-Groves
03-12-15, 05:43 PM
Someone else said he was going to animate the Wooden Lifeboats mod, but it never happened.

Still have the version I was working on. Lost the animations when Win 7 blew up so I have to redo them all or finish stealing animations from SH4.
:O:

Sailor Steve
03-12-15, 06:16 PM
Well, I was careful not to point fingers. Creative people are busy people, and there's always real life to deal with too. :sunny:

Jeff-Groves
03-12-15, 06:20 PM
Well you did remind me to make sure I saved the files I have.
:o

Jeff-Groves
03-20-15, 04:52 AM
Finished adjusting a script that creates a SH properly scaled and placed Biped in 3D Max.
Tested importing a few BVH files and happy to say it's working great.
:D

The exporter script to make it all work with S3D is also good to go again.