PDA

View Full Version : hey guys new to this. looking for advice

pumpnut
03-03-15, 06:32 AM
hi there guys,
Could any kind person point me at an all in one mod that I can install that will bring the game up to what it should be.
I have never modded anything so any advice on how to do it simply would be wonderfull.
Thanks in advance

Aktungbby
03-03-15, 11:07 AM
pumpnut! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
03-03-15, 01:06 PM
For future information it is frowned upon to talk about anything 'dodgy' regarding software/games etc. on the forum.

May your stay here be a long and enjoyable one :sunny:

finchOU
03-03-15, 01:10 PM
hi there guys,
Could any kind person point me at an all in one mod that I can install that will bring the game up to what it should be.
I have never modded anything so any advice on how to do it simply would be wonderfull.
Thanks in advance

Welcome! Modding Subsims is a learning experience. Obviously this is necessary due to how bad product development has become in a niche market. I was in your shoes about 10 years ago and needed to learn how to do it. Anyway, I haven't tried it but the Wolves of Steel mega mod (aka all in one mod) seems to be the one you might be looking for.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

My advise with Moding. Slow is Fast. As in don't be in a rush to get it installed and play ASAP. You'll just end up screwing something up and need to re install. Do each step methodically and if you don't understand something search for the answer and if you can't find the answer ask. Luckily most MODers get that people like me suck at anything computers and have made it as painless as possible. But unfortunately there is still A LOT of manual steps that need to be done (compared to a simple download of sims past) because the Sim was so effed up out of the box.

ReallyDedPoet
03-03-15, 02:07 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM :sunny:

pumpnut
03-03-15, 04:09 PM
thanks guys