PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot

Harvs
02-25-15, 04:18 AM
Hi all can anyone tell me what key or keys I need to press to take a screenshot in SH4? I have tried different key combos with steam settings but nothing works.

thegrindre
02-25-15, 04:53 AM
I use Irfanview but Ctrl+F11 is the game's way.

:)

Harvs
02-25-15, 04:56 AM
Yes thanks I have tried that and it always goes to the external view.

Harvs
02-25-15, 04:58 AM
I just realised im not a bilge rat anymore

Harvs
02-25-15, 05:14 AM
just downloaded and ran irfanview but it only takes a shot of my desktop page,not the game,have tried altering the settings but it does the same thing.

les green01
02-25-15, 05:51 AM
i use fraps seem to work good for me

thegrindre
02-25-15, 06:18 AM
just downloaded and ran irfanview but it only takes a shot of my desktop page,not the game,have tried altering the settings but it does the same thing.
Hmmm, been using Irfanview for decades and never heard of that.
You did load Irfanview then hit the 'C' key to set your two key process up? I've always used Ctrl +Minus (-) on the numpad.
It will take any shot that your monitor is displaying at the time. I've never known it not to.
Did you install all the plug ins as well? You need those to run Irfanview properly.

Harvs
02-25-15, 05:37 PM
I didnt install the plugins, will have to redo it tonight, thanks for all the advice, all you subsimmers are great.

HertogJan
02-25-15, 06:29 PM
Am I correct in assuming you're playing stock?

Isn't there a shortcut reference page in the ingame help pressing [F1]?

When yo make a screenshot it doesn't always show you made one in the message box... first one yes but after it doesn't show anymore.

If you made one or a couple you'll find them in the root dir of SH4, just scroll down and you'll find them (They are called "SH4Img@.....[date of screen].......bmp").

thegrindre
02-25-15, 06:33 PM
Oh, yeah, you gotta install those Plugins. It's an easy .exe file. It'll do it for ya and takes about 2 seconds. :up: They are the 'things' that makes Irfanview, well, Irfanview.

Harvs
02-26-15, 02:39 AM
Thanks legends I found them,SH4img is the place so the in game screenshot does work it just dosnt tell you it has.