PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question About setting up attack leg.

steakbbq
02-12-15, 01:11 AM
I have been searching and have not yet found an answer to my problem.

My problem is the part after four bearing method.

I need help setting up an attack leg/2 leg attack without being spotted. How can I tell if I can get into position going just 4 knots?

How can I know if I will be spotted trying to surface and make a run ahead.

How long should i arrive at my attack position before the target?

How do I get to the attack position 10 minutes before my target.

One method I heard was you can do vector addition or something. But that tutrorail all of the images were not working.

Something like draw your heading 400 meters standing for 4 knots, draw your contacts heading 700 meters for 7knots. If they meet you will intercept Idk something like that.

THEBERBSTER
02-12-15, 05:37 AM
Hi steakbbq

Have a look at my tutorial on Post #22 everything is explained.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

Peter

THEBERBSTER
02-12-15, 01:46 PM
Hi again steakbbq

Trevally also does a 4 bearing method that can be found in his tutorial mod.

Trevally uses a different bearing type to Stoianms.

See my tutorial post #57 for theTrevally method.

If you just want to do your own thing then select Historical Missions from the main menu and select the 4 bearing mission.

Stormy’s DBSM mod has a dedicated hydrophone bearing Keyboard key Z that will give you an exact bearing at any time.

If you are unable to use his mod (I get ctd’s) and if you are new to using the 4 bearing method I would advise the following:

Use the Historical Missions 4 bearing tutorial.

This will allow you to practise as many times as you want.

Enable Map contacts in your game play settings.

This will allow you to see the contact at some point and then you can assess how your bearing plotting’s look in relation to where the contact actually is.

Take the first contact bearing registering and add 10ᴼ.

Do the same for all following bearings.

This will give you a constant in each of your next map plottings.

One of the big problems is when surfaced how far to travel and at what speed before taking the 4th bearing.

Using the historical Missions with map contacts you will see where you are going wrong and can make adjustments accordingly.

When you are satisfied you can remove the map contacts from the game play settings and continue with your saved game.

Peter

steakbbq
02-12-15, 03:25 PM
I think the problem is, I want to pursue targets that its physically impossible for me to pursue and I should just let them go. As the time it would take to get out of their detection range, surface and get ahead of them and prepare an ambush would just be too much.

I understand the four bearing method inside and out, however I guess the main question was how do you pursue a target that can not be caught and stay hidden.