PDA

View Full Version : Silent hunter loading problem

Drbudget
01-30-15, 01:15 PM
I recently just purchased SH5 off steam, forgot to read that a lot of mods are not compatible so prolly will buy a new copy, but for some reason when i mod it, after SH Loading it takes a while to load and freezes for a few minutes then goes to menu screen is this normal? everything else seems like it is working

THEBERBSTER
01-30-15, 02:48 PM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Drbudget :subsim:

You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:

Link To My > SH3 – SH4 – SH5 > Posts :salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It. :up:

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links :yep:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

If You Are New To Subsim or Silent Hunter My Thread Link Might Save You Some Time. :salute:

Drbudget
01-30-15, 04:20 PM
Thanks!!!! i didn't see this on the forums at all most of not opened my eyes correctly lol Glad to be aboard sir! Can you buy Silent Hunter 5 Locally? i see the steam version isn't compatible with stuff

Sailor Steve
01-30-15, 05:57 PM
Welcome Aboard! :sunny:

but for some reason when i mod it, after SH Loading it takes a while to load and freezes for a few minutes then goes to menu screen is this normal? everything else seems like it is working
That is fairly normal. It depends on your computer; how much RAM you have, the operating system. It has happened with all the Silent Hunter series that it can take forever to load. As long as it finally does load you should be okay. Silent Hunter 5 is especially susceptible to the Steam problem.

You ask about buying it locally. Where do you live?

Drbudget
01-30-15, 08:07 PM
I live in Pa, Philly area. and i'm running on a pretty up to date rig, 12gigs of ram GPU 280x r9 card, CPU 950 I7 and hefty SD i think my issue is because of the steam version, though i got a copy of amazon and seems to be working fine now ;) thanks for everyone quick replies!