PDA

View Full Version : watch officer disappearing?????

johnlax
01-18-15, 03:19 PM
guys i have noticed in my SHIII game with SH commander and GWX 3.0
that I am finding that at times my watch officer just disappears and I am down a full officer I can not find him period! He is not in a bed or anything else. I seem to remember that this was subject here awhile back ( I had a complete computer crash a few months ago and just reinstalled the above config. can anyone point me to any more info on this subject?????

Raptor
01-18-15, 03:59 PM
I've never had the lazy WO disappear entirely, but I have put an officer in the repair dept and ended the patrol with him still there. Upon starting the next mission, he's gone, never to return. However, SH3 says I still have my full officer count. The rest of the repair crew returns to their regular slots without incident.

It doesn't happen every time, but it is common enough that if I put an officer on the repair crew, I make a concerted effort to move him back to his original slot before ending a mission.

Doolar
01-19-15, 07:32 PM
hey John , as I mentioned to you before, I have never heard of "The Missing WO" problem or bug or whatever. I've spent a little time search'n for that, but it was a no-go. Didn't find anything related. With that being said. The only other thing you might want'a try, is to pull (remove or deactivate ) each mod, one at a time and test it out, or ... End that patrol and CAREER and delete it. The career that is. Then start a new career. See if the problem is still there. If it is, then I'm not sure how to help. Sorry. Our mod soup is almost identical, and mine runs perfectly, so my "GUESS" is, it's a bad save, and I personally would trash it (current career) and start a new career. Fresh. Keep in mind that this is only my "GUESS"and "OPINION". I have no other ideas. That's what I would try first, as opposed to living with it, or testing each mod, one at a time. You still might have to do that anyway, as a last resort. You need your WO in game and onboard. The war's tuff enough without one. If anyone reading this post , has a better idea of what going on, or has a solution, please feel free to jump in. John, post your mod list (see below). That might help others to help you and to see if something's odd in your "mod soup mix". Jerry :88)

open JSGME , select TASK , select EXPORT ACTIVATED MODS LIST , OPEN MODS LIST , SELECT ALL , COPY , and PASTE to a REPLY for this post

Zosimus
01-20-15, 08:49 AM
I have sometimes had additional crew appear during outings. I found that if I was moving the crew from the electric engine room while the ship was surfacing that sometimes the crew member would be on the mouse at the time the crew moved to the diesel engine room resulting in duplication of the crew member in question.

However, I have never had a crew member disappear.