PDA

View Full Version : Which version of SH5 should I get in order to get the latest update?

sshellokitty
01-16-15, 07:02 PM
I have the Steam version of the game, but I know that this version wont allow you to update to the latest version that most of the mods run on. I was going to buy a pc downloadable copy from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Hunter-Battle-Atlantic-Download/dp/B003BVIXWW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421452732&sr=8-1&keywords=silent+hunter+5) but I wanted to ask the good people here at subsim if this copy would allow me to update to the latest version, or do I have to have the physical copy. I looked around before posting but I couldn't find the answer. I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, sorry if it is a repeat post. Thanks guys! :up:

steve450
01-16-15, 08:56 PM
Search around a bit... I have the steam version and I am running sobers mod list. Complete with all patches. It can be done but there are extra steps involved.

sshellokitty
01-17-15, 11:37 PM
I went ahead and just got the Amazon download and it is working so far. I downloaded sober's mod list last night and am trying to get everything stable. Thanks for for reply!:)