PDA

View Full Version : cannot select a mission

gregskip
01-07-15, 09:46 PM
hey, first post here.

i have been trying to enjoy this game but so far it has been just a dive in a sea of frustration.

Steam version.

The vanilla edition was just crashing so often in was unplayable.

I installed Wolves of Steel (that was a project on its own!) and after some more hours of work I even got the TAI to show.

Game still crashes often, takes forever to load but I am trying to live with it.

Just finished the first mission, got to Kiel, speak with Mr. Nazi to get a mission and... I have no way to select it.

In the Vanilla edition I was able to click on the mission and request it.

Now the mission "coastal waters" shows on top left but no way to request. The Mission icon by the UK that was there in the vanilla edition does not show.

Wanted to take a screen shot but PrtScr does not work even though F1 tells me it should.

This game requires more time and patience than my work does. :/\\!!
greg

Aktungbby
01-08-15, 02:16 PM
gregskip! :Kaleun_Salute: Hang tough! help will arrive!

THEBERBSTER
01-09-15, 06:16 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community gregskip :subsim:

You Will Always Find Someone Here To Help You :sunny:

Link To My > SH3 – SH4 – SH5 > Posts :salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It. :up:

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

If You Are New To Subsim My Thread Link Might Save You Some Time. :salute:

Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community :yeah:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119

The fact that your vanilla version was crashing is unusual so changing to another UI is not necessarily going to fix a problem that was already there.

With your new game still crashing I would say that you have a corruption somewhere that is not allowing your game to play properly.

Try re-installing and see if that fixes the problem.

Better still if you are able to get the dvd version then go for that.

Jimbuna
01-09-15, 07:44 AM
Welcome Aboard greg :sunny:

SilentHunts
01-09-15, 05:47 PM
Hmm I think you should try using a different mega mod perhaps? Might help because sometimes downloads won't always download every file so try using Sober's mega mod. Search for it on Subsim!

ReallyDedPoet
01-09-15, 06:32 PM
Welcome to SUBSIM :sunny:

gregskip
01-10-15, 08:31 AM
thanks you folks and sorry for my bitter first post.

Vanilla was very stable until I reached one point in the campaign, it just kept crashing at the very same place each time and I could not get tru.

With the mod now it seems that I can somewhat control the crashes - not clicking on captain's log is part of it.

However, has anyone encountered a bug where I cannot select the mission? I am still in Kiel, my crew is becoming very impatient and hungover - I still do not have a mission for them.

I speak with the important guy at the dock, he gives me the same story about attack on Poland and when he at last shuts up (or I click skip) the mission icon just does not show....

THEBERBSTER
01-10-15, 04:32 PM
Hi Greg

Missions are controlled by date.

You will not be able to select a new mission until the day of the mission becomes active.

It is not essential to select a mission.

When the mission appears you can always see where the patrol area is by clicking on the black icon that contains the patrol information.

There is nothing to stop you from putting to sea without selecting a mission from the Flotilla Leader and making a few kills in the area of your choice.

The mission will appear in your navigation map at it's start date.

Peter

gregskip
01-13-15, 08:15 PM
well, here is an update:

I left kiel with no mission selected, just few hours after leaving two missions showed up - the one with coastal patrol and the one with natural harbor and capital ship to sink.

Went for the capital, sunk it (easy) but my progress bar does not fill. In fact, I think I sunk two capital ships there. I hit one with two torps moved over hit another wiht 4, sunk, went back to finish the first but I could not find it anymore.

But, progress bar does not fill.

bandit484
01-22-15, 04:06 PM
You need to wait till September 5, 1939 before you end the patrol to get the next mission available. If you do that then when you go out on your next patrol the tonnage you sink will count towards your progression bar provided your in your patrol area.:salute:

THEBERBSTER
01-22-15, 07:37 PM
Do not be concerned about the tonnage bar not filling as it is not essential.

You will see the Bonus points awarded for the tonnage you sink when you start again after you have ended the previous patrol.

The bonus points will be given based on your total sinkings/tonnage.

Ships sunk in your patrol area should be added to the tonnage bar those outside are not.

Just check that your Captain's Log has recorded the sinking ok

This should be something like 1939 12 11.

If you see 0000 00 00 then you have a game corruption.

Missions are date controlled and come on and drop off the Navigation Map automatically.

It is not necessary to select a mission.

I always end the patrol each time I have to return to my base to re-supply.

I start the same patrol again through the Flotilla Leader.

I then give out my bonus points.