PDA

View Full Version : Did it count?

Engineer817
01-02-15, 10:02 PM
I'm a bit new and I've been lingering here and there. My mate and I recently bought the game and we've been having some minor issues. The biggest is the tonnage and ship sunk counters on the missions. I successfully sunk 5 AMCs and a carrier (not the one at plymouth, that kept making the game crash). February 9th, she was on patrol near the center, had to chase ahead of her to set the ambush and 3 fish entered her broadside. Was very happy with the results. Until..... I saw it hadn't counted in the mission. I also saw one of the AMCs did not count either. I sunk her along with the Hood and Nelson up at Scapa Flow, Rodney got I let go, I needed the fish for the hit on the carrier. It says its not counting in the bar, however I had that mission active and after sinking the carrier, I received a message found in the captains log. A message from the command saying good work, patrol another area of your choice. Did it count? :hmmm: I have till the first, but I don't know if it did or not

Aktungbby
01-02-15, 11:17 PM
Engineer817! :Kaleun_Salute: The difference between two funnel AMC's (Patroclas) and two funnel troopships is very slight - pay attention to your map and TAC screen to which is which (merchant or AMC warship) and do not sink anything in the mission not called for-especially tempting warships until you have completed the mission requirement. If needed to save time replenish at Helgoland and return to the fray rather than the time consuming full refit at your home port.

Engineer817
01-02-15, 11:40 PM
I've paid attention to the ships, flying a white flag and they look like troop ships, I did my research before going into the mission. 100% sure on the identity of the ships, still not adding to the Talley.

Aktungbby
01-03-15, 02:55 AM
:hmmm:

Jimbuna
01-03-15, 07:39 AM
Welcome to SubSim Engineer :sunny:

bowfin
01-03-15, 07:52 AM
I've noticed that if I hit K and look at the captains page is says the active mission with a magnifying glass. I hit the magnifier and zoom in and then use the protractor to draw a circle 200km or 80km as the particular mission states. Anything I sink outside this circle doesn't count to the bar.

by doing this I have seen that the radio msg I get telling me I'm in the mission area starts when I get to the edge not the middle of the mission area...

THEBERBSTER
01-03-15, 03:13 PM
A warm welcome ‘Engineer817’ to the Subsim Community.:subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH3 – SH4 – SH5 posts::salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It.:up:

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

If you Are A New Subber My Thread Might Save You Some Time.:salute:

You can now use TDW’s Generic File Patcher with STEAM see my Tutorial Post #125

Engineer817
01-04-15, 12:06 AM
Thank you for all the welcomes :)
In response to bowfin, my mate sunk 2 of the AMCs in Scapa Flow and said they had counted for him. I figured I'd hunt my last one there as time was running out. I hit her with 2 fish and watched her go beneath the waves, counting as a kill. Was so close I could ID the ship very easily. Then we move on to the carrier task group. The one carrier I needed in the specified patrol area I hit her with the last of my fish, 3 and it registered as 3 hits and a kill. Was too busy trying my best to evade to check if it had counted. Well, it showed as sunk in the logs, same as the AMC. Also received a message from command saying good work, and and all that. But now I'm past the due date for the mission and it says failed. Ok, its in the log, obviously command knows about it, I've refit enough to tell them personally, but the mission says nope. I am confused here. It has to be a bug and I'd like to know if any one knows a fix.