PDA

View Full Version : Multi Games

swordfish1
12-25-14, 03:03 PM
Is it possible to have two versions of SH5 on one computer,[separate drives]. Programme only recognises my original through Uplay, but I would like to have another installed, how does one get round the 'Uplay' factor please??

icthird623
12-30-14, 08:58 PM
My understanding is only one game can be played because the game save default is in my documents SH 5. There is no way to change the file name or location. Playing another will write over the first saved game. I don't think you can get around uplay.

swordfish1
01-21-15, 09:34 AM
Thanks Buddy! I was afraid that might be the case.

ReallyDedPoet
01-21-15, 11:42 AM
I think someone made an app for this. I tried finding it with no luck. It was quite awhile back. Whether it still works today I don't know.

Comvas
01-21-15, 06:41 PM
If you played under a differnt user logon ID on your computer you would have your own documents folder for that ID and able to support another SH5 saved game folder. I haven't tried this, but I think it would work.

bandit484
01-22-15, 03:47 PM
If you played under a differnt user logon ID on your computer you would have your own documents folder for that ID and able to support another SH5 saved game folder. I haven't tried this, but I think it would work.

The only problem I see with this idea is that when you go to load the game into the new user profile you need the cd key. Unless you buy a separate cd key you can't use one key for two different installs. :hmmm:

ReallyDedPoet
01-22-15, 04:12 PM
I am going to look for that app that I saw ( or thought I saw :) ) after. It is on an older computer I think.

bandit484
01-22-15, 04:40 PM

I am going to look for that app that I saw ( or thought I saw :) ) after. It is on an older computer I think.

Maybe your thinking of Multi -SH Install :hmmm:

ReallyDedPoet
01-22-15, 04:42 PM
No it was more SH5 Switch, something like that. I did a search here and
did not find it.

ReallyDedPoet
01-22-15, 05:47 PM
Found it on an external HD I have. It is called SH5 Install Switch :yep:

Here is the thread: SH5 Install Switch (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=199672) The download link is still working.

Just added this to the Utilities Section in Downloads:Here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4592)

Hey, 10,000 posts :woot: