PDA

View Full Version : I know these are ridiculous questions but...

Buhring
12-06-14, 05:35 PM
... I have started the game for the first time tonight and I can't seem to get the basics. So here I go:

1) Is there a way not to have to walk thorugh the boat manually (WASD keys)? I find it cumbersome and annoying. Besides, how do I go UP and DOWN the conning tower ladder? I always get stuck there.

2) How do I bring up the commands of the "Main Game Interface"? I have nothing but the full screen view of the sub on my game window.

3) I'd love to RTFM, but there wasn't one coming with the digital download (I can't call a manual the tediously generic pdf found in the "Manual" folder). Has the community produced one?

4) Is there something like a complete keyboard map of the game?

Sorry for the NOOB questions -- but I'm resisting the urge to throw the game away...

Gute Jagd

HB

Catfish
12-06-14, 06:13 PM
Hello HB,

has been a time, but if i remember right you can do all with the mouse, in the original game. You usually point at a hatch for example, and right-click gets you up the stairs. Right-click or Escape is for context menu or so i think.
There are however free mods at subsim, when you install those you can enter stations immediately via keyboard command or SH3-wise, if the going to and fro is getting boring.
Maybe some better-seasoned sailor can help you more. Don't give up, i do not know how much sub sims you played before, but the graphics are breathtaking
Good luck,
Catfish

wayzovmurdah
12-07-14, 06:24 AM
1. You cant teleport between stations in vanilla. You need to use TDW`s ui to do so http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166093
Ladder - just approach it, and look up/down whilst still pressing your W key.
4. F1