PDA

View Full Version : How do i refill my torpedoes after they are all used?

dragoneer2
12-01-14, 08:51 PM
Hi just like the title says I am wondering how you can refill your torpedos after you have used the ones you got in the first place, I have searched high and low after an answer but did not finde one, so please help :D

UKönig
12-01-14, 09:55 PM
As far as I know, once you are out of ammo, you should just return to base. If you have reloads still on board, just tell your (lazy) torpedo crew to get their butts in gear.

Kielhauler1961
12-02-14, 01:54 AM
Hi dragoneer2 and welcome to the forum.:woot:

As UKönig says if you have used all torpedoes on board you can only replenish at:

1. Your home base port (with all crew, upgrade & re-supply options available)
2. Another friendly base (limited options)
3. At a German supply ship or U-tanker (also limited)

If you still have reserve torpedoes aboard but don't know how to load them let us know and we can help. Reloading external reserves can be a bit tricky...

What type of boat are you driving?

KH

dragoneer2
12-02-14, 03:49 AM
Hi and thnx, I am driving the first one from 1939, i did go to a friendly port my previous atemt att the campaign but i didn't get a ikon or any thing that showed that i could refill my storege in the friendly port. so do you guys have a quick walkthorugh on how you do this?

Zosimus
12-02-14, 05:16 AM
Sail towards the port in question. When you are close enough, hit ESC and then select Dock at: (friendly port's name).

dragoneer2
12-02-14, 06:20 AM
but dosn't that end the patroll you are on?

Zosimus
12-02-14, 08:12 AM
Why yes, it does. You get your boat repaired, your fuel topped off, new torpedoes, and some shore leave to spend with that beautiful wife you have.

UKönig
12-02-14, 10:46 AM
In SH4 you can refill and repair by getting close to the icon and following the on screen prompts, in SH3, that is not an option and yes the patrol will end. If you are not docking at your normal fleet base you will get a new mission sending you back to the proper home port at that time. However, you will not be able to select which torpedos you are given, you will get whatever they give you, with preference bestowed to the boats that normally sail from there. You are a guest at a friendly port and are lucky to get anything from them at all...

Kielhauler1961
12-02-14, 11:18 AM
If you don't go back to home port at least once in a while, your crew will mutiny and cast you ashore on a deserted island.:arrgh!:

Do you really want to spend the rest of the war living like this?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/kielhauler/Castaway.jpg

KH

U-15
12-02-14, 02:08 PM
If you don't go back to home port at least once in a while, your crew will mutiny and cast you ashore on a deserted island.:arrgh!:

Do you really want to spend the rest of the war living like this?
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk295/kielhauler/Castaway.jpg

KH

Oh sod it, KH has found out where I live

Aktungbby
12-02-14, 06:32 PM
dragoneer2!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
12-03-14, 06:03 AM
Welcome to SubSim dragoneer2 :sunny:

dragoneer2
12-04-14, 07:05 AM
Thnx for all the answers