PDA

View Full Version : Ottos Grauer Wolf ist über Wasser

Otto Harkaman
11-30-14, 11:00 AM
Woohoo! I was able to get SH3 with Grey Wolf expansion running on my Toshiba laptop Win7 64bit 8gb ram without a hitch. Did a test with full graphics, seemed no problem but did take sometime for the simulation to load. :woot:

Goodness this looks like a complex game going to need a while to read the manual and figure out how to operate my boat. :huh:

ooops used google's translator was trying to say my boat was afloat :D

UKönig
11-30-14, 11:06 AM
Better than "Im wasser untergehen"...

Joefour
11-30-14, 12:54 PM
Woohoo! I was able to get SH3 with Grey Wolf expansion running on my Toshiba laptop Win7 64bit 8gb ram without a hitch. Did a test with full graphics, seemed no problem but did take sometime for the simulation to load. :woot:

Goodness this looks like a complex game going to need a while to read the manual and figure out how to operate my boat. :huh:

ooops used google's translator was trying to say my boat was afloat :D

A better rendering of that auf Deutsch would be--"Mein Boot schwimmt".

Otto Harkaman
11-30-14, 01:29 PM
Thx Joefour :)

Wow what a cool game, just did a little of the Nav tutorial, thought I was going to get seasick even in a small swell with the boat bobbing up and down. So far the game seems to run very well on my laptop.

Andreson
11-30-14, 01:41 PM
Thx Joefour :)

Wow what a cool game, just did a little of the Nav tutorial, thought I was going to get seasick even in a small swell with the boat bobbing up and down. So far the game seems to run very well on my laptop.

Congratulations!

Otto Harkaman
11-30-14, 02:06 PM
^ Thanks :woot:

Off to read the manual and work on the tutorials :salute:

Otto Harkaman
12-02-14, 06:58 PM
How do you survive the Flak tutorial? Getting hit hard by these silly King Kong swatting biplanes :oops:

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011/08/03/ap3301010256-8c9b43405b9df06a3e5ca15fba4ef26025d9c405-s2-c85.jpg

Sailor Steve
12-02-14, 07:03 PM
How do you survive the Flak tutorial?
In the stock game the tutorials are fairly easy, and you get a little extra renown with each one you complete until it totals 1500. With GWX they are harder, especially that one. The good news is you get the full 1500 just for completing Navigation, and you don't have to do any others at all.

On the other hand, if you go to flank speed and hard left or right rudder and stay there, you have a pretty good chance of surviving and getting them all. I did it once (well, I did it a hundred times and beat it once) and see no need ever to do it again.

Otto Harkaman
12-02-14, 07:45 PM
^ Thank you :)

I was trying everything, hitting flank speed and zig zagging. I seem to lose several flak gunners, the boat is usually damaged as well.

I was thinking of crash diving and waiting for darkness. :stare:

Otto Harkaman
12-03-14, 10:16 AM
^ Thanks BL!TZKR!EG

Yes that would be what I meant :salute:

Beautiful game, very immersive, I can see how you could spend hours in the game. I'm still just in the tutorials, learning torpedoes.