PDA

View Full Version : Way to edit stealth meter so its gone?

reignofdeath
11-30-14, 12:41 AM
So I have GWX 3.0 and a bunch of other mods installed, one being Anherbieries Wide GUI. It puts the stealth meter back in the game and I would really like to get rid of it, anyone know how?

UKönig
11-30-14, 01:22 AM
I know that in the stock game, the stealth meter is an option to enable or disable, in the preferences panel.

Andreson
11-30-14, 04:52 AM
So I have GWX 3.0 and a bunch of other mods installed, one being Anherbieries Wide GUI. It puts the stealth meter back in the game and I would really like to get rid of it, anyone know how?

Easily!
When you start a patrol look attentively through the options. Check out the one related to your visibility to the enemy.
I personally enabled all of the realism ones except Dud Torpedoes and Manual Targetting because I'm still kind of green.
All of the others ones just help me relax and not overuse the external camera and all that. Just chill with the sea.

BigWalleye
11-30-14, 12:21 PM
I know that in the stock game, the stealth meter is an option to enable or disable, in the preferences panel.

No matter if you are running rockstock or a supermod. Just go to the Change Realism (sic) screen at the start of a career, or on the Single Mission screen. Uncheck "No noise meter" near the bottom of the right-hand column. Stealth Meter won't appear in-game. Same check-box hides Stiebler's Weather Meter if you have it installed.

BTW, in mid-career, or even mid-patrol with the game saved, you can just go to Users/<username>/My Documents/SH3/data/cfg. Use Notepad to open the file GameplaySettings.cfg, then change the line NoNoiseMeter=false to read NoNoiseMeter=true. Save the file, load up SH3, and load your saved game. Stealth Meter go bye-bye. AFAIK, you can change any of the settings in this file in mid-patrol with no problems.

reignofdeath
11-30-14, 09:09 PM
Im stupid, thanks guys, thanks for helping me sort it all out!! :up: