PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help please

DRS56
11-21-14, 05:32 PM
Been away from SH3 for a few years. Retired now so thought it would a fun way to pass some time. I am on windows 7. First 2 patrols were fine so thought I would install some mods. I did them all at once and everything is working fine but the ships are not sinking. I have done 3 more patrols in my little type II and after setting up on 3 different cargo ships and hitting them with all 5 torpedoes they just don't sink. Wait around for up to 48 hours but no sinking. One even steamed away still smoking and on fire.

These are the mods I installed through JSGME. I have the 4gig patch.

Water_Stream_for_Uboats_V4
Real Depth Charge
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
WB's Mission Orders Lite v1.1
M.E.P v5
skin_IIA_Clean_Rusty_SEAN
ThomsenSoundPackV3.2cg
_DX9HiResFix
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
MFM_v3_Skin_Packs
LifeBoats&Debris_v4

Any help much appreciated
David

Aktungbby
11-21-14, 06:13 PM
DRS56! after seven years!:Kaleun_Smile:

DRS56
11-21-14, 06:35 PM
:up:Thank you. Glad to have it on my PC again.

Kielhauler1961
11-22-14, 12:09 AM
Welcome back.

Would the cargo ships you have shot at be C2/medium cargo ships by any chance? I drive several Type II's and my careers are littered with unsinkables.

There is nothing in your mod list to explain the lack of success but a bit more info about the targets and circumstances of each action might help us find a solution for you...:03:

KH

DRS56
11-22-14, 03:02 AM
I have been lurking on the forums on and off. I tried SH5 a few times with various mods but could never get into it the way I did SH3. I am 69 now and living alone. Was kind of afraid to try it on Windows 7 after reading all the problems people were having. Thanks to all the great posts about how to install it and get it running I finally worked my way through it. Seems OK so far.
Yes, I believe they were C2's although the ship mods have given them different names from stock SH3.I believe one was a M12B. 2 of them kept moving although at a reduced speed and one stayed stationary for 2 days. The one that finally moved off seemed to repair itself. The fires went out and the smoking was down. They were all hit at less than 1000 yards and pretty much right straight on. Tried singles and 3 at a time with about 3 degree spread. On one I went to the other side while torpedoes were loading and hit again with last 2 at about 400 yards. The explosions are nice and the crew cheers but then we sit there watching and waiting. :o

I have uninstalled the MFM skin packs and started another patrol. I just noticed that I may have not installed the skin packs right anyway. I had put the whole folder in the mods folder and then enabled it with JSGME. I guess I was only to use one folder at a time.:hmm2:

I will see how it is on this patrol with just the MFM 3.2 enabled.
Thanks,
David

Jimbuna
11-22-14, 08:10 AM
Welcome David :sunny:

BigWalleye
11-22-14, 09:26 AM
Welcome, DRS56. Honestly, I can't see anything in your mod list that might cause problems. Usually, particularly with stock SH3, the problem is ships that sink too fast - sometimes by themselves!

Only thing you might want to look at: Make sure you have installed MEP 5 correctly. There are several separate mods inside the folder that unpacks. You need to put the ones you want to use into JSGME individually. Similatr to the MFM skin packs. But MEP won't affect sinking times, anyway.

Anybody else encounter anything like this?:hmm2:

DRS56
11-23-14, 06:23 AM
Thanks for looking guys. Update for your interest. I uninstalled the Skin packs but not MFM in base before latest patrol. First ship was a C2 that looked like stock SH3. I used 2 torpedoes in a 3 degree spread from 1200 yards and destroyed it instantly. Broke the spine and down it went. Probably could have used 1 torpedo. Next ship was one of the beautiful ships from MFM. A M31X. It was hit with 1 torpedo at 500 yards which stopped it. Then 2 more in the same place. explosions, no fire but a bit of smoke. Nothing! Waited around 12 hours then back to base.
I guess I will have to uninstall the Merchant Fleet mod. It was really great having all the realistic visuals on all the ships but if the enemy ones are not sinkable it is too frustrating for my old temperament.
David:wah:

Andrewsdad
11-23-14, 11:07 AM
Once spent over 30 hours waiting for a "She's Going Down!". (Out of torpedoes and weather too rough for the deck gun). I steamed away and much later again encountered the hulk still floating.

A hazard to navigation, for sure !!

AD

THEBERBSTER
11-23-14, 07:04 PM
A warm welcome back ‘DRS56’ :subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH3 – SH4 – SH5 posts::salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

You can use TDW’Generic File Patcher with STEAM see my Tutorial Post #125