PDA

View Full Version : Registry entries Windows 7 64 bits

Echolot
11-10-14, 12:45 PM
A few days ago I read somewhere a post about the registry entries for Silent Hunter 5. Even after a long search I can't find it anymore. Now a friend of mine has a similar problem: After reinstalling Windows, the Uplay Launcher no longer find the installation on a different partition. It would be very reluctant to install and set up all the mods again. Would someone please be kind enough to post the registry entries for the game in Windows 7 64 bits?

Many thanks in advance.

Ech:sunny:lot.

Pisces
11-10-14, 01:15 PM
[EDIT] Nevermind, you lost the registries due to a new OS install. I thought you couldn't find them.

On 64 bit systems, some registry keys of programs/applications are often found in:

HKEY_something\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node

Instead of in 32 bit OS they are just in HKEY_something\SOFTWARE

Echolot
11-11-14, 08:34 AM
Thank you Pisces.

I will do a search at the external hard disks where I have stored a reg file some years ago. Wanted to save some time with this thread.

Thank you again.

Regards.

Echolot.

Pisces
11-11-14, 08:38 AM
As I don't know how the SH5 installer works (I have it, but my pc is a tad too slow for it), or if/how the game is dependant on registry keys/dlls or whatever, I would just go for the full new installation. But I guess this is worth a shot to try. Hopefull someone else can help further.

Echolot
11-11-14, 11:08 AM
We decided to reinstall the entire game, make a backup copy and install some newer mods.

If I find the reg file I will post here.

Thank you.

Regards.

Echolot.