PDA

View Full Version : Questions About SH-5

Lanzfeld
11-05-14, 10:05 PM
Hi ya Fellas!:salute:

Just a few things to clear up please.

1. I like to have a disk for my games. Is there a DVD version of SH-5 Gold? I see the disk version of normal SH-5 but I have not found gold yet. What is in the gold version that isn't in the normal version? Is is worth it?

1b. Along the same lines...if I buy a download of SH-5 Gold (not steam) can I save it to a dvd so I can reinstall as much as I want?

2. How is the damage control system in SH-5? Has it been improved since SH-3 (I hope so!).:arrgh!:

THEBERBSTER
11-06-14, 11:37 AM
Hi Lanzfield

With a standard Dvd installed when you start your game Uplay shows it now as the Gold Edition.

You should be able to download the game as many times as you want as long as the previous download has been uninstalled.

Yes damage control has been improved in SH5 through using the R.S.D. mod.

Peter

Lanzfeld
11-06-14, 05:24 PM
Thanks.

So any disk (dvd/cd) that I buy now will be the gold version?

Sounds good.

THEBERBSTER
11-07-14, 05:41 AM
I cannot say what happens with the download version.

Just to confirm with the dvd installation when Uplay logs you in and shows you your installed game you will now see you have the Gold Edition.

Lanzfeld
11-07-14, 08:48 AM
Uh-oh...

What is U-Play, if I may ask?

Is it required to run SH-5?:hmmm:

THEBERBSTER
11-07-14, 02:50 PM
Hi Lanzfield

Uplay is your mandatory internet connection to run SH5.

The dvd installation when finished will open the Uplay website.

You will need a email address and password.

When you log in to your new Uplay account you will be asked to enter your dvd code that came with the disc.

Your email address password and dvd code locks the three together forever.

In other words you will not be able to use that particular dvd with any other setup.

When your SH5.exe starts it opens up Uplay and if you have saved your details your game will show and you will be able to start it.

Peter

Lanzfeld
11-07-14, 04:20 PM
My understanding was that you needed an internet connection the FIRST time you run SH-5 and NEVER again after that. Is this correct?:06:

THEBERBSTER
11-07-14, 07:23 PM
No, that is incorrect.

You cannot play the game without a permanent internet connection.

Lanzfeld
11-07-14, 08:40 PM
Thanks for all the info Berb. You are most patient.

Shame about the required full time internet connect. I thought they dropped that. Hmmm....have to reconsider purchase. It just rubs me the wrong way right now.:down:

THEBERBSTER
11-08-14, 02:30 PM
Hi Lanzfield

I think the reason for the Uplay's original idea was that it checked the installations game verification each time the game was loaded.

SH4 came out with Starforce embedded to protect Ubisofts copy right.

You can buy SH4 now copy right free.

I know that SH5 is still freely available but after all these years you would think that the number of sales today do not warrant Uplays continuing interference.

Peter

Capt. Morgan
11-08-14, 04:45 PM
Hi,

There may be some confusion about what kind of connection is needed to play.

On my install (Gold ed. DVD) I needed an internet connection to install, as described above.

I also need an internet connection to load the campaign, but once loaded (that is, once I'm in my sub) I can close the connection and play for hours, and save games, without it. I do not need an internet connection to play any of the scenarios or tutorials.

Set the Uplay options to start in off-line mode and not sync. save files with Uplay (the game will still say "save-files synced" upon startup - just ignore that).

THEBERBSTER
11-08-14, 05:21 PM
The Captain is right.

When you go off line you are using your saved game that is in the SH5 folder within your documents folder.

Whether you stay on line or then go off line you are still using your local saved game.

When you stay on line and then exit on line your game is synced with the cloud but you still get an up to date local save as well.

To avoid confusion Uplay at some point will ask you whether you want to use cloud saves or local saves as a permanent save point.

In this situation the local save box should be ticked.

Because of tonnage bar issues I sometimes have to use both to get the bar to fill.

Peter