PDA

View Full Version : merged campaign option

midnightrider1818
11-05-14, 01:00 PM
I activated the merged campaign option for the grey wolves mod. Not really sure what this is though. Can somebody fill me in on this. I think it is for the black sea and mediterrenean. I am still in 39 so I hope this does not mess with anything

BigWalleye
11-05-14, 02:20 PM
I activated the merged campaign option for the grey wolves mod. Not really sure what this is though. Can somebody fill me in on this. I think it is for the black sea and mediterrenean. I am still in 39 so I hope this does not mess with anything

It lets you go from Atlantic/North Sea bases to Med, Black Sea, IO, and PTO (and back, too.:)) THE way to get out and back. Doesn't have any negative impact except much increased game loading time, which is why it isn't built in.

From the GWX3 manual, page 31:

GWX Merged Campaign

The GWX Merged Campaign contains all elements of the GWX campaign in all ocean areas. This has the advantage of allowing players to transit between the Atlantic and Indian Oceans with all the campaign elements in place for their entire voyage; the downside is this version takes longer to load than the default GWX campaigns that focus on the Atlantic and the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, or the Indian Ocean and Pacific. The GWX Team recommends using the merged campaign only if you are planning a transit in either direction between Europe and the Orient, or if you do not mind the load times.