PDA

View Full Version : SH 5 dvd CAN'T install

templarjack
11-02-14, 09:23 PM
Good evening. I bought the steam version of SH 5 a few years ago but was disappointment when I found out that it does not support many of the mega mods for SH 5. So, several months ago I purchased SH5 again, this time the physical dvd version from amazon. I only got around to trying to install it tonight, however after inserting the disc, the install option in the menu is grayed out! What could the reason be for this and how do I fix it?

I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you very much!

Pic is very related...

robmoore
11-03-14, 01:25 PM
you still have the steam version installed

templarjack
11-03-14, 10:21 PM
Thank you robmoore. I am still having this problem though. My Steam version is uninstalled, but if some files remain, how do I know that I have deleted everything regarding the Steam version?

Thank you for any help.

robmoore
11-04-14, 05:20 AM
go to control panel and add remove programs or the uninstall application option. Check to see if silent hunter 5 is listed. if so uninstall.

check for silent hunter v folder on your c drive
C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
and check you documents folder for a folder called SH5

delete them

templarjack
11-04-14, 05:26 PM
Once again thank you. However I STILL can't install the game. The install option is greyed out. It seems that I have deleted all traces of the Steam version of SH5 but there must be some place that I have not looked. If this is the reason I can't install the game, then that is ridiculous. I really am at a loss here on what to do to allow myself to install the physical dvd version of the game.

robmoore
11-04-14, 05:33 PM
have you tried from the disc auto play menu to click Uninstal?

robmoore
11-04-14, 06:11 PM
found this whilst looking at another thread.

"
Before loading the Dvd. Make sure that you leave no trace of Steam on your system.

Use a registry cleaner like "Ccleaner" and restart your system afterwards.

Go to your start button and use search and check again for any left over SH5.

If you find anything delete it and run the registry cleaner again.

If you already have a Uplay account play it safe and set up a new one for your new Silent Hunter 5 installation. This will come up at the end of the installation.

If you want to play the game with the 'German Voices' then choose the 'Custom' install.

After the install go to the following folders.

In the path Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Data\Support\GameUpdater

There is a "GU" exe application that will update your game to v1.2
"

templarjack
11-04-14, 11:26 PM
It looks like I got it to work by going directly to the files found in the dvd drive and installing from there, thus ignoring the splash screen. I was a cheeky bitch. Hopefully everything work fine. Thanks for the help friend!

eka
03-29-15, 02:03 PM
Hi
I have the same problem: can u please let me know the procedure step by step?

thx alot

Sailor Steve
03-29-15, 03:09 PM
I use IObit Uninstaller (http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.php). It not only removes the program but then asks if you want to do a "Powerful Scan", which searches the registry for leftovers. I've found it to be a handy all-in-one uninstall tool.

THEBERBSTER
03-30-15, 04:33 AM
Make sure you also look in the Program (x86) folder on your main drive.