PDA

View Full Version : Ive come back to SH5 after a long time away, couple of questions.

crepitis
10-23-14, 03:37 PM
Hi, I gave up on SH5 a long time ago as it was just too unstable on my machine. I didnt give up on it completely though as I knew the excellent modding community would somehow perform a miracle .

A couple of days ago I re-installed it and Im running it with the Wolves of Steel megamod, for the first time ever I have been able to run the sim without any crashes whatsoever, so firstly big thanks for all the hard work of the modders, its appreciated.

A couple of small niggles that I cant seem to find a solution to despite searching the forums.

1. Fairly horrible banding in the sky, particularly bad at twilight, but still visible in broad daylight. I noticed tonight that the banding was even visible in smoke and steam clouds and when looking through binoculars at a target on the horizon at dusk it was so bad that it made the target hard to see and looked really ugly.

2. Target damage guage still appearing in binocular view even though Ive disable it in the options menu.

Im running windows 7 64, with an Intel core 2 duo E8500 @ 3.16ghz CPU
8gb of ram and a Radeon HD 6780 graphics card.

Any help with these two issues would be gratefully appreciated .

crepitis
10-23-14, 04:10 PM
Ok, Ive done some more searching and it seems the sky banding is just something I will have to live with. Still looking for the answer to the damage guages though.

Aktungbby
10-23-14, 05:17 PM
crepitis!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
10-23-14, 05:23 PM
A warm welcome back ‘crepitis’ :subsim:

You will always find someone here to help you.:)

Link to my SH5 – SH4 posts::salute:

Step By Step Tutorials & How To Do It.:up:

Also Included Are Some Useful Download Links

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=211804)

You can use TDW’Generic File Patcher with STEAM see my Tutorial Post #125

Jimbuna
10-24-14, 05:40 AM
Welcome back crepitis :sunny: