PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to Silent Hunter Online

Ca[t White
09-20-14, 01:46 PM
Hello fellow submariners,

It's been three years since I've logged on Subsim and I know a lot has happened so I have a lot of catching up to do. I just started playing Silent Hunter Online and I have to say that I am very intrigued by this new online simulator. I'm still getting a feel for the game and learning my way around the environment. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you experienced submariners have it would be extremely helpful to me. thank you.

-mightyjoe83.

THEBERBSTER
09-20-14, 04:58 PM
A warm welcome back :sunny:

Aktungbby
09-20-14, 06:28 PM
Ca[t White!:Kaleun_Salute:

Sailor Steve
09-20-14, 08:16 PM
I think in the last two weeks we've had more old members return than I've ever seen. Welcome back to the fold.

As for SHO, if you look around you'll find a lot of negative comments and a lot of positive. It all depends on what you're looking for and what you make of it. Have fun. :sunny:

ReallyDedPoet
09-20-14, 09:29 PM
Welcome back :up:

Jimbuna
09-21-14, 05:45 AM
Welcome return :sunny:

Mrklean
10-14-14, 05:40 PM
Not sure why i cant download thought. Nice to see the community is thriving.

Sailor Steve
10-14-14, 08:38 PM
Subsim downloads are tied to posting. The more you post the more you can download. You can also increase that dramatically by donating.

Aktungbby
10-14-14, 11:28 PM
Mrklean! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
10-15-14, 06:09 AM

Welcome Aboard :sunny:

Steves advice above is bang on the mark.

toni007
10-16-14, 11:09 AM
Welcome aboard! :subsim:

CaptainRamius
10-16-14, 11:14 AM
Welcome back to subsim!
I would say that if you have SH3, 4 or 5, stick with that. They are better in overall gameplay, although I like the online multiplayer much better then the SH4 and 5 multiplayer.
Actually, does SH5 even have multiplayer? :arrgh!:

bushpilot444
10-22-14, 09:42 PM
Hello fellow submariners,

It's been three years since I've logged on Subsim and I know a lot has happened so I have a lot of catching up to do. I just started playing Silent Hunter Online and I have to say that I am very intrigued by this new online simulator. I'm still getting a feel for the game and learning my way around the environment. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions you experienced submariners have it would be extremely helpful to me. thank you.

-mightyjoe83.

Can someone tell me if you are talking about a web domain where you play online or are you talking about using the programs themselves to talk to the net to get online? Thanks. I am just getting back in too and bought SH4
The Gold Edition. I am also confused to how I even tell if it is already version 1.5 or if and how I need to upgrade it. I see no where in the pgm to tell what build it is.

Aktungbby
10-22-14, 09:57 PM
bushpilot444! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
10-23-14, 06:32 AM
Welcome to SubSim bushpilot444 :sunny:

Jiva
11-10-14, 09:48 PM
welcome back

Jiva
11-10-14, 09:50 PM
.... back to the fold.

dincus
12-29-14, 01:38 AM
Hello I also new to the site, and I must say that Im a enthusiast of SH4. Greetings from slovenia

Aktungbby
12-29-14, 01:47 AM
dincus! :Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
12-29-14, 06:20 AM
Welcome to SubSim dincus :sunny:

dannygjk
01-09-15, 03:13 AM
My computer can run MMO's but can't run SHO.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

BSW59
04-11-15, 10:38 AM
hi - just coming back to subsim after 7 years - got fed up of sony loaded graphics, too fast shootings and more blood than you can shake a stick at!! so invested in a old fast dell with win xp, raked the garage for SH3 and fun has begun!! ive learnt that patience is still a great tension builder!! When i stopped SH3 grey wolves was the thing but it wouldnt run well in my old machine - can anyone tell me if it is the norm now ? ive a dell xps m170 with an nvidea 7800 gtx now. Cheers.

Aktungbby
04-11-15, 06:02 PM
BSW59!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
04-12-15, 07:36 AM
hi - just coming back to subsim after 7 years - got fed up of sony loaded graphics, too fast shootings and more blood than you can shake a stick at!! so invested in a old fast dell with win xp, raked the garage for SH3 and fun has begun!! ive learnt that patience is still a great tension builder!! When i stopped SH3 grey wolves was the thing but it wouldnt run well in my old machine - can anyone tell me if it is the norm now ? ive a dell xps m170 with an nvidea 7800 gtx now. Cheers.

Your notebook is designed primarily for gaming purposes so should run GWX just fine.

Welcome to SubSim :sunny:

ShadowSlayer1
04-12-15, 07:40 AM

I would at least get one with a dual core processor and at least upgrade the video to DirectX 11 specs. It will make the video flow much better. Play your old games with that Dell. and if it has windows XP don't use it online as it will have security issues and could get hacked pretty easy, although I have no idea why anyone would even try.

Jimbuna. here is what I find online for what he has. http://www.engadget.com/products/dell/xps/m170/specs/

ShadowSlayer1
04-12-15, 07:57 AM
Welcome BSW!:up:

bernie55567
01-21-16, 05:56 PM
:wah:hi im new too after a few years and glad site still up and running but my grey matter not good as then and ive forgotten procedure of after downloading zip file missions and add ons how to install them on to my game and unzip them lol any help guys thanks?

Commander Wallace
01-21-16, 06:40 PM
Welcome back Bernie and BSW59 and also a warm welcome to dincus and bush pilot 444. :sunny: